Thought of the day. Analogue Sequencers

- ask away
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Thought of the day. Analogue Sequencers

Post by eggnchips »

My mate had who has only just started out making music has bought all this modular gear, a Korg and is
sequencing it with a MFB Urzwerg.
This thing is the business to my ears.
He had it connected up and was coming up with fantastic riffs and basslnes in minutes.
Riffs that would take me ages to come up even after 4 years of mouse clicking.

Is this the way forward? I have been feeling uninspired as of late by mouse clicking and I am itching to
expand, although I am not sure which way to go and as you know guys, a wrong purchase can be a costly one.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Thought of the day. Analogue Sequencers

Post by Stomper »

the sequencer give HIM inspiration.
that is not the same for anyone, so i would just go and buy one.
go to your friend and play around. if it does, start looking for one or maybe a digital one if you want to keep your work itb.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Expensive, but for sale: Genoqs Octopus Limited Edition: http://elektron-users.com/index.php?opt ... 0&catid=12
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

He's got a sh!t load of gear for sale.
catchpenny
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by catchpenny »

I hooked up numerology to a bcr2000 and its been fantastic.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

working with analogue sequencing for the last two years has sped up my workflow, given me loads of inspiration, and has changed the way i work forever.
i've just finished writing an album of tunes (12) in two months straight, that would have taken me 2 years previously working with software sequencing, mainly due to procrastination and getting into too much detail.

but all analogue sequencing is not equal, i built my own complex sequencer from modules, because most typical analogue sequencers have limitations which would have meant me having less options than i had previously with cubase. ok it may be way faster, but if the sequencing isnt complex enough, you can end up with loopititus, and cliche'd grooves.

i think the best way to get the full benefit of real analogue sequencing is in combination with equipment that can send and receive triggers and voltage control, ie modulars, analogue synths etc, so that its a holistic rather than a linear process.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

catchpenny wrote:I hooked up numerology to a bcr2000 and its been fantastic.
Can you expand on this please? I'm very curious to know how you can use the bcr 2000 as a numerology interface...
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

steevio wrote:working with analogue sequencing for the last two years has sped up my workflow, given me loads of inspiration, and has changed the way i work forever.
i've just finished writing an album of tunes (12) in two months straight, that would have taken me 2 years previously working with software sequencing, mainly due to procrastination and getting into too much detail.

but all analogue sequencing is not equal, i built my own complex sequencer from modules, because most typical analogue sequencers have limitations which would have meant me having less options than i had previously with cubase. ok it may be way faster, but if the sequencing isnt complex enough, you can end up with loopititus, and cliche'd grooves.

i think the best way to get the full benefit of real analogue sequencing is in combination with equipment that can send and receive triggers and voltage control, ie modulars, analogue synths etc, so that its a holistic rather than a linear process.
what do you think of the urzwerg pro? for 480,- euro what could i get in eurorack land comparable? besides the portability....
techno made me do it