Ableton delay effect

all things related.
Dektro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Ableton delay effect

Post by Dektro »

Delays are cool. Reverbs as well. But what if we put a reverb inside the feedback path of the delay? Indeed, pure awesomeness. Here's how to do t in live:

Make a return track with
- a simple delay, feedback zero, completely wet
- an overdrive
- a reverb
- fx à la choix

Make a dummy audio track with set monitor to "in".

Set the track's "audio to" which you want to run through the delay to your dummy track.
Now use the simple delay's time to change the delay time and the send of the dummy track as feedback control (be careful, it's very sensitive).
Experiment.

Audio example using a simple 606 low tom:
http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/54789802/file.html
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Ableton delay effect

Post by simonb »

Nice one, very timely post - I was actually thinking about how it would be cool to be able to put stuff inside the feedback loop of Ableton's delay to get some more interesting sounds, I guess this isn't quite the same thing (or is it? brain's not really working now) but it sounds like it's worth trying.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

edit. wrote exactly what the original poster wrote
Dektro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dektro »

simonb wrote:Nice one, very timely post - I was actually thinking about how it would be cool to be able to put stuff inside the feedback loop of Ableton's delay to get some more interesting sounds, I guess this isn't quite the same thing (or is it? brain's not really working now) but it sounds like it's worth trying.
Actually it is :)
I've tried some other things like side-chaining the feedback path, this really opens a lot of possibilities. Certainly interesting if you like those crunchy delay self oscillating sounds.