Re: 1st try to mix on headphones

Post by tsankip »

the mixing sounds good ;)
p_ACHE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by p_ACHE »

With my little speakers (JBL control one) I can barely hear the kick and it really lacks bass. I know those speakers do not render correctly the bass, but I think the mix should make sense on every configuration. With my headphones it sounds good, but again the kick lacks definition in my opinion. I understand what you try to achieve (ie a deep kick), but I think you should still try to tight it up a little bit.
My newbie opinion :)

Cheers !
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

p_ACHE wrote:With my little speakers (JBL control one) I can barely hear the kick and it really lacks bass. I know those speakers do not render correctly the bass, but I think the mix should make sense on every configuration. With my headphones it sounds good, but again the kick lacks definition in my opinion. I understand what you try to achieve (ie a deep kick), but I think you should still try to tight it up a little bit.
My newbie opinion :)

Cheers !
Room? how do other tunes sound?

@ Stomper: Bass sounds ok here, I don't like the sequencing if it but then that's not what you asked. switched between alesis m1 actives, Adam A7's and Gale mini monitors. Positive deep end mate but to be honest, there's nothing going on. It's a beat and a dry bassline. If it were in context, ie; in a mix, diff subject.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

if anyone else is or thinking about mixing on headphones, i youll find this article very interesting.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan07/a ... phones.htm
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

What headphones are you using? I'm thinking about getting a decent pair but have no idea as to what's good in that dept.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

i wanted to get sennheizer 600hd or 650hd but i was told that their only good with a dedicated headphones amp and i didnt want to invest in one as well.
so i got sennheizer 598hd which i found good enough and now i toggle between these and the sony mdr7506 and the monitors.
i listened also to the akg272 (i think) but the low end didnt have as much depth as the sennheizer. i also wanted to check bayer dynamics but couldnt find any store that has them.

i think this is a good read if your looking for headphones:
http://digital.soundonsound.com/launch. ... 1a8e&skip=
starts at page 110 (or just click the headline).
Alex Bizzaro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Bizzaro »

on dynaudio bm5a it sounds well