steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Totally out of inspiration. tips?

Post by steevio »

::BLM:: wrote: drug or drink problem.
why do you think of it as a problem ?

finding the rent is a problem.

the sooner society views the human insatiable desire to use mind expanding natural substances as normal and often beneficial the better.

many of the top scientific discoveries of the 20th century were visualised during LSD trips, Kary Mullis, Francis Crick etc, Nobel Prize winners working on the structure of DNA etc. attribute LSD as a massive contributary factor to their work, or how about Silicon Valey ? those guys who have shaped our entire future, almost all acid heads. its not just musicians and artists.

or how about the fact that THC only works because we have special receptor in our brains to accept it, or that we have the psychedelic DMT in our brains naturally..... better stop, dont want to go off on a rant.

if you have a drug 'problem' you have to look at yourself not the drug.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Well I'm totally pro cannabis use. Anyone that knows me, knows where I stand on this issue. I have been smoking daily for well over a decade now and apart from a little bit of forgetfulness I am fine, but I wasn't just talking about cannabis. I know many producers that take things like Ketamine when they are making music, which leads them to have huge problems with their stomachs and sh!t like that. Once it starts affecting your body in the way certain drugs do, then I think this is a problem or when you cant make music without it I believe that is some form a problem.

As much as I hate to admit it, society will never change their minds on drugs. We have people that have never taken or researched drugs, yet they hate them with such a passion. Seems strange to me that you can hate something with such passion that you know nothing about.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

::BLM:: wrote:Well I'm totally pro cannabis use. Anyone that knows me, knows where I stand on this issue. I have been smoking daily for well over a decade now and apart from a little bit of forgetfulness I am fine, but I wasn't just talking about cannabis. I know many producers that take things like Ketamine when they are making music, which leads them to have huge problems with their stomachs and sh!t like that. Once it starts affecting your body in the way certain drugs do, then I think this is a problem or when you cant make music without it I believe that is some form a problem.

As much as I hate to admit it, society will never change their minds on drugs. We have people that have never taken or researched drugs, yet they hate them with such a passion. Seems strange to me that you can hate something with such passion that you know nothing about.
sorry missimterpretted what you were saying.

moderation is the key to everything.
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

^^ balance, just like in a good music mix.

ive been smoking pot daily also for around 10 years, i always justified it as self-medicating since i was on all kinds of anti-depressants and stuff as a kid for bi-polar disorder. none of the manufactured pills ever did for me what marijuana does to help rid depression. i have found that smoking after the body has fully woken up goes a long way to keeping the day together and keeping anxiety to a minimum. i find more that if i smoke in the morning my day is not nearly as cohesive, must be something about the brain needing to 'warm up." therefore mediation is the key.

the only issue i have with drugs is when artists use it to inflate their ego and elevate the delusions of grandeur about themselves. my best friend who is possibly one of the most talented oil painters in the world abuses drugs because he genuinely believes it enhances his image as a tortured artist, like trying to be a modernized version of basquiat. it wasn't always like that for him but once his talents started to really flourish in the last few years his physical health has degenerated to the point where it wouldn't shock me for a second to get "the call" any hour of any day that my friend passed away. But for him it's totally ego related so nothing can be done because he can't get passed that. i did help manage to get the kid off heroin though but i suspect its back in his life

It's quite funny because he talks sh!t about the "art world" everyday but completely idealizes the way it's been projected to him his whole life and he wants to reap all the benefits and success of that world that he "despises"

obviously drugs are important as some of the most fundamental technical discoveries that we use everyday are a result of people using these tools, even the mouse for the computer is a product of "acid research"

for me it's all about respecting the spiritual nature of these things. i hate seeing people out at parties geeked on acid and K, it defeats the whole purpose of the learning experience within the self that these things help people to reach.

Drugs will always be taboo, drugs can make you see yourself for who you really are and most people do anything possible (buy stuff, create social drama, etc) to postpone having to look at themselves in a mirror. We live in a world of constant postponement where we are conditioned to think we always need something to get where we want to be and it never ends. we're always in the same place because we invented time
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i go thru phases of using drugs and not. for me i operate a fairly strict rotation policy depending on what's around and what is happening in my life, no set routines or patterns.

i haven't used weed seriously in the studio for ages, mainly just coffee stomache cramps. i enjoy the edge and emotional intensity of my music that comes from being quite straight. but if i get the chance to pick up something nice i'll get lost for a month or whatever, no problems. It makes me focus more on shapes and loose fuzzy kinda stuff.

i always hear about psychadelics being glamourised about being used in the studio, but for me it's usually too claustrophobic... gimme wide open spaces and freedom... but sure, anything that can change your perception and facilitate growth and freedom is a good thing. watch out for your mental health though. you're playing with fire using stuff like that in a dark room on your own.

I definitely don't like to rely on that stuff though... I think Kraftwerk had a good take on that... i'm a music worker, even though part of that requires taking a step back, 90% of my creative breakthrus come from day to day routine exploration.

smoking cigarettes... not my life but watch out what it does to your hearing!!! fucks with bloodflow which the ears don't like and also fucks with the eustachian tube.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

only smoke weed in the evening. not much as i dont smoke tobaco and weed only pure. as i produce mostly at daytime i´m rarely stoned while doing music. i prefer that. doesnt help creativity in my opinion and your playing skills and work speed suffers from being stoned. it makes lazy and your concentration suffers. i have the most fun just doing good music and good mixdowns. thats the point of doing it for me. if i want to be stoned i smoke and watch a movie or listen to music and be stoned.
techno made me do it
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

if i'm stoned it drives me absolutely insane unless i can do something like produce or dance.
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Being stoned just destroys my desire to do anything productive and creative. I love sitting and listening to music or watching a film or something but I can't bring myself to actually DO anything.

Maybe I'm just smoking the wrong stuff...