riots in London

- open
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: riots in London

Post by roland »

patrick bateman wrote:http://ht.ly/5YZsW
What music fans can do to show their support for the indie label community, and help them survive this disaster is to buy a digital download of an album from any one of the digital retailers in the UK, as well as going to their local record store while stocks last.

This way, the labels will be able to remanufacture their CD's and vinyl more quickly, to resupply the record shops who are also affected by the riots.
Strange, one would think the insurance company would cover the losses, no?
sure it will.. i mean the building burned down.. i can't think how the insurance would not be in charge for this..

article you posted doesn't say anything about that tho.. it's tho a good idea to support the labels anyway.. maybe it'll take long until they see money..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

roland wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:http://ht.ly/5YZsW
What music fans can do to show their support for the indie label community, and help them survive this disaster is to buy a digital download of an album from any one of the digital retailers in the UK, as well as going to their local record store while stocks last.

This way, the labels will be able to remanufacture their CD's and vinyl more quickly, to resupply the record shops who are also affected by the riots.
Strange, one would think the insurance company would cover the losses, no?
sure it will.. i mean the building burned down.. i can't think how the insurance would not be in charge for this..

article you posted doesn't say anything about that tho.. it's tho a good idea to support the labels anyway.. maybe it'll take long until they see money..
yeah, that was what I was thinking too.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Themis wrote:i dont think the riots are protests, its plain and simple dumb poor people who dont have a future, so they demolish things and get angry at everybody.
if thats right or wrong is not the question for me.

the question is, why are there so many poor uneducated people that events like that can happen.

if you spend money on interest for debt and make social cuts, less jobs cause of improvements in productivity (rationalization), cuts and privatization in the education sector

i guess riots are what you get.
This is it.

Nobody (well, nobody of sane mind) is really trying to argue that it's a political protest on the part of the rioters. It is however a political consequence at least partly.

The people ranting about the "mindless hooligans bringing our country/communities down" are missing the point, and quite possibly the same ones who voted in the Tory government who alongside the bankers etc. are the ones who're really bringing the country and communities down.
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

How does burning one's own neighborhood down help anything?
I'm sure that many people lost everything they ever worked for in this riot.
rioters = wankers
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

trak660 wrote:How does burning one's own neighborhood down help anything?
I'm sure that many people lost everything they ever worked for in this riot.
rioters = wankers
you get looted by the rich too.. it only is legal.. why don't you call them wankers?