Magda, Marc Houle and Troy Pierce leave Minus

- open
Acid Brownies
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Magda, Marc Houle and Troy Pierce leave Minus

Post by Acid Brownies »

It's a really good new for me. I think that minus was going down in quality releases this year. Danny Benedettini and Madato did great job for Items & things, better than the last five works of M_nus for my taste. Ambivalent is changing his style i see, he is not like 2007, 2008. I prefer his beginning. At least, there are still Gaiser and Heartthrob two big monsters making bombs all the time.

It's nice to hear that magda, troy and houle will be doing all for their own. Tomas more, danton eeprom, big releases upcoming i imagine. I see a big difference in the "musical way" between m_nus and I&T. They don't sound at the same way.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

thomasjaldemark wrote:more weird houle stuff plz
exactly : or the (the freedom to release the weird )

madga also states
because all we want to do is help them establish themselves, and get some good music out there.
I think it's a win/win for everyone. As always you should always follow your instinct at all times and this obviously is them following theirs.

I look forward to the new sounds from their label.

best wishes -ex
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

It's a good thing for Magda , Troy and Marc that they dont feel limited anymore.... They will do what they exactly want.... Also maybe good thing for Minus bcs Richie will sign some new artists to fill the gap .... this will be a change for Minus too...(for example next minus release which is MINUS113 from Jake & Amber !! ) ...

Best wishes for both minus and items&things....
mindchem
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mindchem »

Hutch wrote: Smaller gigs? Does this mean I can book Magda for $2500.00 now instead of $3000.00? Taking smaller gigs=less money right?
does anyone actually know what the story is w/ Magda's booking now?
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

They stay at Clonk as far as I know
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

What do you guys think of their 3 new tracks? All of them are non playable by my standards. Neither of them have made a track I would play in over 3 years. Maybe longer.

They resume their label and put out washed out tracks by themselves that are probably over a year old.

Nice new direction.