- open
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: minimal2house

Post by Hutch »

I see what op is saying tho.

Lets take Visionquest as an example.

Lee, Ryan, and Seth all got big from making/playing minimal techno circa '05-'09.

Than minimal techno turned into Beatport top 100 minimal bleepy crap in '08 and the fad died and they got borred of it like most people than the "minmal houseno" crap tech house movement started which is still going on and is still here than they moved currently to the poppy/detroit/deep-house/old schoolish house stuff. Which to be honest is super played out. Was fun before no one knew about art department and things of the nature. But now it's all super main stream and popular now which I hate here in the states.
muler0o
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by muler0o »

Hutch wrote:I see what op is saying tho.

Lee, Ryan, and Seth all got big from making/playing minimal techno circa '05-'09.

Than minimal techno turned into Beatport top 100 minimal bleepy crap in '08 and the fad died and they got borred of it like most people than the "minmal houseno" crap tech house movement started which is still going on and is still here than they moved currently to the poppy/detroit/deep-house/old schoolish house stuff. Which to be honest is super played out. Was fun before no one knew about art department and things of the nature. But now it's all super main stream and popular now which I hate here in the states.
true man..this guys years ago played the most dark minimal techno i've ever heard , especially ryan and lee , now i can/t understand how they turned into this..
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

::BLM:: wrote:Can you not like both genres?
+1
I think it would be a big deal if they made a major change, like to cheesy trance or brostep, but house and minimal are pretty much just different interpretations of the same thing. I don't see what the fuss is all about.
africablize
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by africablize »

muler0o wrote:
Hutch wrote:I see what op is saying tho.

true man..this guys years ago played the most dark minimal techno i've ever heard , especially ryan and lee , now i can/t understand how they turned into this..
yes, YES AND YES!!!!!
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

shypht wrote:Because house is the new minimal in terms of trendy-music. Especially slow/deep/disco'y flavoured house.
This is your answer...and because being a trend-whore makes much more money that creating your own style and sticking to it against the what's hype...
1nfinitezer0
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 1nfinitezer0 »

whatever wrote:
shypht wrote:Because house is the new minimal in terms of trendy-music. Especially slow/deep/disco'y flavoured house.
This is your answer...and because being a trend-whore makes much more money that creating your own style and sticking to it against the what's hype...
can't tell your tone exactly, but i think that's a legitimate path for some; i won't judge. if you want to be able to do what you love professionally, and that requires that you bend a bit to the current trends... well, some people are gonna make that choice. it's still sad if you had some sort of expectation of where their productions were going
dj + producer : dub techno house etc: [url]http://flavors.me/1nfinitezer0[/url] - [url]http://soundcloud.com/1nfinitezer0[/url]
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

the answer is simple...to much yayo nowadays
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

maybe the house music today is more inspiring than the minimal of yesterday. it's all house music anyway.