Kickdrum EQ'ing

- ask away
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Kickdrum EQ'ing

Post by deccard »

well i was just too lazy to explain what is explained very good in the links.
steevio said overdrive is not compression. so that´s plain wrong cause the signal you get is compressed. nothing more. another poster mentioned that too what i said. so why i´m the smart ass? i wasnt personal at all. maybe you too buddies should rethink that a bit and see that you are personal now for no reason.
and i thought we talked about compression (the process) and not compressors (just one tool to get compression)? compression like in tape, distortion, tubes etc....
techno made me do it
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i just said my thoughts, becuase i think it's important to be a moral person, I would have made that post whoever you were responding to that had taken offence to your tone (justifyably so in my opnion). I didn't want to make my post about a personal nature but I thought you were rude Deccard, it would have been very easy to explain yourself rather than just putting the links there, and undermining the posters intelligence.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

i undermined the posters intelligence when i posted these links. interesting thought but wrong. i just gave plain facts cause steevio wasnt accepting the opinion of the other poster who said the same thing. reread that. my intention wasnt to be rude. i made my post short instead of adding blah blah. should i add some flowers next time ;)
techno made me do it
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

yes, add flowers. Or failing that, simple human respect would also be helpful.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

why was that disrespectful? are you just backing up your buddie who gets wind up by nothing? simple human respect? you taking a long stretch now. i have simple human respect and maybe more than you cause you trying to push me in a corner for nothing.
techno made me do it
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

it's not really worth either of us getting worked up about this. I just think that if you want to disagree with someone, it doesn't take very much effort to present your views in a polite way.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

sorry man but in my opinion i wasnt impolite. nor was it my intention. giving just facts. how can this be impolite? also consider that the same argument wasnt accepted by steevio before. so i gave facts that the other poster didnt.

pretty simple. just reread it. i guess steevio is a nice guy but should relax a bit more when talking on the internet.
techno made me do it
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

deccard wrote:sorry man but in my opinion i wasnt impolite. nor was it my intention. giving just facts. how can this be impolite? also consider that the same argument wasnt accepted by steevio before. so i gave facts that the other poster didnt.

pretty simple. just reread it. i guess steevio is a nice guy but should relax a bit more when talking on the internet.
i've talked about compression on this website many times, having discussions about what it is, how it is a distortion effect, etc. etc. but the OP was blatantly talking about compression as a specific effect, he was not meaning distortion, he was not meaning overdriving a mixer, when s.k. brought up the same point as you, i said 'you know what i mean by compression', because i'm sure he did, and i'm sure you do also.

if we are trying to help beginners, we need to be clear what we are talking about or they will just get confused. i think both you and s.k. were not really helping by making the point that compression and distortion are the same thing, because in terms of production technique they are two different things, for one you use a compressor, for the other you would normally use a distortion device.

i reacted the way i did to you because you didnt have the decency to make a point and discuss it, you just thought it was ok to quote the entire previous discussion, and leave a link, personally i call that being a smart arse, you call it what you like.

you think i should relax. well i think you should engage and communicate.

but hey, no hard feelings :)