Making Contakt

- open
Sony Amano
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Making Contakt

Post by Sony Amano »

patrick bateman wrote:
I saw it, and I think it was a really good documentary about how big, how professional, how serious and how well organized a company M_nus is and how much work there is in doing such a big tour of shows like the Contakt shows.
Did u actualy watch the dvd? :lol: (*)
Perfection Mekanik
Aero Dynamik

Materiel et Technik
Aero Dynamik

Condition et Physik
Aero Dynamik

Position et Taktik
Aero Dynamik

http://www.myspace.com/therealsonyamano
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

Sony Amano wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
I saw it, and I think it was a really good documentary about how big, how professional, how serious and how well organized a company M_nus is and how much work there is in doing such a big tour of shows like the Contakt shows.
Did u actualy watch the dvd? :lol: (*)
What did you not find professional?
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Here we go again. :roll:
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

patrick bateman wrote:
Kiani wrote:it was something with a cube, right? and it used bluetooth and everybody got messages all night long?
Nope, not at all.

Making Contakt is about the big tour they set up where all the M_nus artists played together.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/11171979[/vimeo]

ah ok, but there was this cube thing also that year, right? Maybe I'm wrong. I always have had respect for Richie Hawtin, since his Plastikman stuff influenced me a lot when I stared dj'ing, but that Cube thing was a bit too much. I always thought it was part of the Contakt concept
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Kiani wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Kiani wrote:it was something with a cube, right? and it used bluetooth and everybody got messages all night long?
Nope, not at all.

Making Contakt is about the big tour they set up where all the M_nus artists played together.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/11171979[/vimeo]

ah ok, but there was this cube thing also that year, right? Maybe I'm wrong. I always have had respect for Richie Hawtin, since his Plastikman stuff influenced me a lot when I stared dj'ing, but that Cube thing was a bit too much. I always thought it was part of the Contakt concept
Well, you are actually right, the cube was also present at the Contakt shows (I forgot about it), but didn't play a big role in the documentary.
I'm sure the whole thing about the Cube made M_nus reach out to a bunch of new followers, away from all the old haters :)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i didn't get the whole contakt thing.. to me it sounded like a normal minus gig..

i remember how richie explained that all 5 artists will be playing at the same time and he will be some kind of mastermind putting everything together..

i remember an interview with dapayk where he made fun out of the whole marketing campaign.. i mean remember how richie said that all the minus artists pay a co² emission fee on their flights and how he said that digital music saves the environment.. there were at least 2 interviews a week seeing richie with a beard and a scarf =))

dapayk actually said something about m_anus too.. but i don't remember that very well, too bad the interview is down..

imo the contakt thing was just part of this marketing campaign.. music was the same as on all the other events..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Well, I didn't attend any of the shows, so hard to say, but I think it's a bit of a different ballgame when you have 1 dj, followed by another dj, followed by a liveact and followed by the last dj, compared to 3-4 liveacts playing at the same time, mixed by Hawtin.
Oh well, who cares. I knew from the start that most people on here would disagree with me, because M_nus isn't cool.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

of course its a different ballgame, but he just said it sounds the same

i guess the show was big and professionel, but thats nothing new, labels and companys do this since decades.
like cocoon, they make festivals twice as big as the contact events every year for a long time, the even have their own club and every cashcow artist you can think of under contract.
this minus documentarys are mostly richie talking in a esoteric way about how technologie is revolutionary and things like that

though i was also on the minus train 3-4 years ago and the label and sound played a big role in my daily music consumption.

minus isnt cool anymore? thats a big understatment. go to decks.de and search for "minus" the first 3 sites are cloths. i would more likely buy clothes from minus than music, thats what they are for me.