Berlin Style ?

- open
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Berlin Style ?

Post by AVX23 »

A few of my friends from Edinburgh are planning a trip to Berlin later in the year, some of them have been before, and went to places like Tresor and what have you, but we're looking for something a little different.

Ideally - I'd really like to catch some of the folk playing dubby techno, minimal, clicks and cuts.

I'm also thinking about heading to Cologne at some point, cos it's apparent that there is very little of this happening over in Edinburgh at the minute - it's rubbish here frankly, there is very little happening, monolake playing with modeselektor and sleeparchive in glasgow is a about the nearest I'll see in the next 6Months over here that I know of. I'd be up for doing something about that, but I'm a busy man - so I'm happy to travel elsewhere for the meantime.

So , Can anyone reccomend any good nights in Berlin that play this sort of thing ? Any netlabels put on nights over there that might be worth checking, deffo not looking for big massive guests or huge raves, quality is the keyword, would rather go to a smaller venue and check something interesting than got to a bells and whistles job just to see someone like Darren Price or Tiga or whatnot (not that they's sh!t - just not interesting to me personally - oh , and I realise thay ain't from Berlin - just an example :)

TIA :)
svenlito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by svenlito »

>>> http://berghain.de/

greetz from munich
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

woo - that place looks pretty good likes, British murder boys playin the same club as Zip and Sammy Dee, wow - an open minded music policy , will wonders never cease !!

Thanks for that mate, also hearing about some paradiso club that Sammy Dee and Zip are meant to be resident - does this ring a bell ?

Saying that - Good tho they are - it's artists on thinner, textone etc I long to see !
crash
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by crash »

well, what can i say... berghain is the place to visit, if you're going to berlin. other good places to visit are e.g. water-gate (www.water-gate.de), deep (http://www.deep-berlin.de), maria am ufer (www.clubmaria.de), week12end (www.week-end-berlin.de).

berlin wirklich macht spass! <3
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

Hi there

Berlin has a realy great minimal techno scene. Berghain is very cool that's right very international audience and good Lineups.

But there are so much more to discover. Just write me a PM when you plan to come and i send you some "underground" Partys ;)

Berlin rulez ;)
crash
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by crash »

kujoma wrote:Berghain is very cool that's right very international audience and good Lineups.
but there is a strict door policy, because of random! so, expect the worst! (we got in, but friends didn't, so didn't know what that was all about)
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

dont forget hard wax too...
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Thanks guys, much appreciated, I'll deffo be dropping some PM's Kujoma when I'm coming thru, really don't want to miss anything, the whole trip will be based around going to some really good nights, and of course...Hardwax :)

Not sure when it's going to be yet - we've got sonar to plan as well :)

Am brushing up on my German tho :)