Berlin Style ?

- open
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

spain people are partying always very intensiv and peacfuly which is a good thing ;)
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Im from England. I also am thinking of going to Berlin this summer! I may get a flight at the start of July. I want to stay longer than a few weeks so I will have to try and maybe get a job over there. Should be cool though! :D
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

soapz wrote:and maybe get a job over there.
Good luck! We've around 20% unemployment here in Berlin and it's even hard to get a well paid bar job. I know people who earn only 5€/hour!

But Berlin in summer is simply great. A lot of huge parks and outdoor partys :P
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

MusicNonStop wrote:Good luck! We've around 20% unemployment here in Berlin and it's even hard to get a well paid bar job. I know people who earn only 5€/hour!

But Berlin in summer is simply great. A lot of huge parks and outdoor partys :P
why is that? i'm really curious why is so hard to find a normal crappy job in berlin?
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

Berlin was seperated from west-Germany for decades and the industry mainly settled down in south- and west-Germany.

They try to make Berlin more attractive for the industry and international companies, for example by building a huge airport (which nobody uses), but they fail.

Today we have only little industry here. The only hope in which the senate trusts is tourism. They built a lot of big hotels like the Ritz-Carlton and try to boost tourism. I don't know if it's that good for Berlin. The costs for living will raise more and more and this will make Berlin unattractive for travellers without much money. But maybe it has somthing good too - they want to extend bicycle routes ;)

mnml tourists are welcome anyway :lol:
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

@kujoma,
kujoma wrote:The door policiy in Berghain is very simple.

If you are spain - youre always welcome.
Summicron, Restrealitaet wrote:So vorletzten SA: da wurde gegen halb 3 eine Gruppe von mindestens 20 Spanierinnen und Spanier nicht reingelassen.
:wink:
prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

MusicNonStop wrote:Berlin was seperated from west-Germany for decades and the industry mainly settled down in south- and west-Germany.

They try to make Berlin more attractive for the industry and international companies, for example by building a huge airport (which nobody uses), but they fail.

Today we have only little industry here. The only hope in which the senate trusts is tourism. They built a lot of big hotels like the Ritz-Carlton and try to boost tourism. I don't know if it's that good for Berlin. The costs for living will raise more and more and this will make Berlin unattractive for travellers without much money. But maybe it has somthing good too - they want to extend bicycle routes ;)

mnml tourists are welcome anyway :lol:
Hmm, any advice at all on which jobs that might be able to get as a foreigner? I really want to go to berlin for a few months this autumn - but the jobsituation makes it difficult. I speak english very well, and i speak some german as well, at least enough to get my point through :)
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

Its not easy to find a job in Berlin. No matter where you're from.