receiving more positive answers from labels

- ask away
?
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

receiving more positive answers from labels

Post by ? »

i have a kind of diplomatic problem:

i'm not used to receive more positive answers from labels, it has never happened before (always had the opposite problem), that's why i have sent the tracks twice with only small intervals.

and now?

one of the two will hate me :?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

only send tracks once.

only send tracks to labels if you think your music is special. if it's rubbish good labels will only listen for a few seconds and probably not even reply. bad labels will release your music and you will be known as a sh!t producer.
?
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ? »

thanks for replying
but it doesn't really help
my music is special, or at least unusual
and the two labels i sent the music are both good
the first one answered only after a while, so 10 days later i sent to a second one. they answered the day after.
these are the only two labels that received the tracks.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

You should go with your heart. Be professional, tell the other label that you made a mistake and maybe you send them a demo in the future.
?
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ? »

thanks
this helps

it is probably the only reasonable solution.
the truth can not be bad. i lacked patience...

i doubt that they will accept other demos from me in the future.
and it is a pitty because both have good taste, are friendly, and offered fair and interesting deals.
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

I think label owners are aware that people does not send their demo to only one label. Tell the label you sent yours to two different labels and that the other respond faster... If you choose the label that responded in one day, tell the other one that because you had no answer in one week, you thought it meant that you were refused...
Congrats!
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

If your music is any good, it will not be a problem. They will be bummed they did not get it and they will want your next record even more.

A label owner is not going to turn away hot new talent because someone else signed it first. If anything, it is going to reinforce their belief that you have talent.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

Also, the only way this would be a problem is if you had already agreed to release the music on the first label. If you haven't made an agreement then they have no right to expect first dibs on the music.

If they like it that much, then they can put out your next record.