Sampling MCDE raw cuts

- ask away
Jovan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Sampling MCDE raw cuts

Post by Jovan »

Does enyone know which sample is MCDE (Motor City Drum Ensemble) using in his Raw cuts series? I think all the tracks are sample orientated, bunch of soul, jazz, disco samples from 70s... I think one of the samples is linda tillery...

Some other samples:
Pitto - feelin (phill collins - im not moving)
Horacio - Horacio is back (Todd Terry - Desire -- What I Want )
I can go on forever....
Horacio & Massimo di lena samples Todd Terry or MAW all the time...
All the new tech-house is sampled from old house records, and the deep house from jazz/soul from 70s.

Please help me with MCDE, if you know because im doing a new site...
http://www.myspace.com/jovankoo Listen to it my music is RAW-er than yor Pron
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

you are right about the sampling part, it's a key part in making house music. if your looking for records to sample i'd avoid stuff MCDE has recently done.

if your going to share this info on a site, maybe you should ask him yourself. some producers don't like everyone knowing what they have sampled incase they get in trouble.
N - Jay
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by N - Jay »

So, many artists do not clear the samples?
I was told that you can use up to 8 bars or you will get in trouble?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

tone-def wrote:you are right about the sampling part, it's a key part in making house music. if your looking for records to sample i'd avoid stuff MCDE has recently done.

if your going to share this info on a site, maybe you should ask him yourself. some producers don't like everyone knowing what they have sampled incase they get in trouble.
MCDE shared it himself in interviews plus he posts on gearslutz.
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

::BLM:: wrote:
tone-def wrote:you are right about the sampling part, it's a key part in making house music. if your looking for records to sample i'd avoid stuff MCDE has recently done.

What's his username on gearslutz?
Jovan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jovan »

N - Jay wrote:So, many artists do not clear the samples?
I was told that you can use up to 8 bars or you will get in trouble?
Sorry my man but, you cant use anything... People dont clear samples because they dont make big hits... If you sample known track from 70s and you sell more then 10.000 copies than you are in trouble.
Major hip hop producers like just blaze, kanye west, dj premier... all clear samples, these days if the make big hits, they must. If you are underground house or deep house guy you are not in truble i guess...

If you are interested in sampling and how the things work in big buissnes (last 10 years, before there were no specific laws) you should check out this interview, with Justin Blaze on Red bull music academy. He explains sample clearanceing real good. He works with jay-z, Camron, and other heavy weights and some of the hit songs were not making any money for them because they didnt clear samples the right way...

Here is the link http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/vide ... at_you_got

Excuse my French :oops: i know i make grammatical mistakes. 8)
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

What's his username on gearslutz?
MCDE? lol :)
Jovan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jovan »

::BLM:: wrote:

He shared what equpment he uses in all other relises beside Raw cuts, he just said that for raw cuts, he only uses samples.