Suggestion on headphones (home listening)?

- open
Toloache
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Suggestion on headphones (home listening)?

Post by Toloache »

Hi guys.. I would like to buy a new pair of headphones, mainly to be used for home listening, and also sometimes to compose and arrange at night.

But my primary concern is sound quality. Im interested in headphones in the 70-100 euro price range.

I have heard good thing on the grado s60i - s80i, but it seems they lack bit of bass...

Any suggestions?
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I can only ever suggest the Seinheiser HD-25's (since they are the only set of headphones I've ever owned)

Not sure if those are out of your price range as it was so long ago that I bought them!
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i have the HD25 too, but i disagree, if you are interested in quality you shouldnt buy Headphones labeld as DJ-Gear.

The focus on DJ-Gear is longevity and they should be pretty loud. thats it. no DJ needs quality sound for pitching.

In my opinion the HD25 are way to bass heavy.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

Themis wrote:i have the HD25 too, but i disagree, if you are interested in quality you shouldnt buy Headphones labeld as DJ-Gear.

The focus on DJ-Gear is longevity and they should be pretty loud. thats it. no DJ needs quality sound for pitching.

In my opinion the HD25 are way to bass heavy.
plus they get pretty unconfortable if you wear them for more than 30 minutes on both ears.. they aren't made for that..
zippedrecords
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by zippedrecords »

hd25s deffo
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

roland wrote: plus they get pretty unconfortable if you wear them for more than 30 minutes on both ears.. they aren't made for that..
Never had that problem. :roll: Some people wearing glasses say they can get uncomfy though.
kgw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kgw »

Aiaiai TMA-01. Perfect balance between DJ headphone and home-listening headphone.

You will need to up your budget to get them though.

Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

first thing: the thread OP didnt ask for the perfect balance between DJ and Music headphones.

how you all can really suggest DJ Headphones for homelistening and producing music is beyond me.

Every headphone producer has one tiny little section for DJ headphones and a gigantic section for quality music listening headphones

think about it.

DJ headphones are ultra durable and ultra loud !
only cause they are not really bad in reproducing sound and you actually can get a decent sound out of it, doesnt make them good quality headphones for homelistening.

so investing 100 euro into DJ headphones and not use them for DJing is a bit retarded in my opinion.