mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

New Jupiter

Post by MarcAshken »

::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

looks like a piece of sh!t. You see the price as well Marc?
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

i didnt mate no, from what i read in SOS it has a digital and an analogue engine, as well as some new acoustic modeling system to recreate real instruments more accurately. TBH tho i jus wish they'd stop fkin about an make an analogue gear more frequently
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

£2,499.00 erm... no thanks.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

analogue synthesis is a dying industry.

Component manufacture is dying... most of the companies that make the important components have retired or are focussing on what brings them cash, and analogue synthesis is just too small a market for any serious company to want to invest in making the parts for. Important components are being discontinued nearly every day, and it takes a company with big balls to invest in making their own chips. I wouldn't wait around for anyone to do it.

Forgive for rabbitting on like a massive twat, but modular is the only avenue worth thinking about for buying new analogue gear. And certainly if you really hate the idea of modular then look at some of the smaller guys like Vermona who understand the current reality of the market. Don't wait for Roland to do analogue again... it ain't gona happen. In the peak days of Roland analogue components were everywhere and if someone wanted a synth there was no digital or computers. There is no real profit margin in analogue anymore.

You don't need to do fiddly experimental stuff either to use modular. THere are guys who just make nice machines and make them well and simple to use. TipTop audio are bringing out some poly modules soon. Keep an eye out.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

the new macbeth mini synth looks great.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

Ken is a bit of a legend it has to be said... he has some other stuff coming out soon in modular too... stereo filters ... pricey but built to last and if you're looking for a certain vintage charm you'll get your moneys worth with a Macbeth.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

has Ken got a multimode filter coming out?