Connecting the Microkorg XL in Cubase

- ask away
Phune
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Connecting the Microkorg XL in Cubase

Post by Phune »

Hi guys,
I've bought since quite a lot the microkorg but never really use it.
Since two weeks i'm tryin to figure it out what this little toy can do but there is a little problem:
I don't know how to let it play in cubase..i've already installed the drivers for the usb connection, when i open a new midi channel i can see in my input/output the microkorg but it continue to shut up.
Someone can help me?

P.S.
It is just connected through a usb, not with midi, i don't know if this info could help you!
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

yer i cant get mine to work with usb either, hooked it up via midi an it works a treat
Phune
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Phune »

Connecting it through midi will require no installation right?
But also how can i configure it to let it play in cubase?
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

yer doesnt need any installation, just need to activate the right midi port in cubase, not sure what u mean in the 2nd question mate, what u tryin to make it do?
Armando
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Armando »

You already answered to the second one..:D what audio/midi interface do you recommend me? Budget is 200 €!
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

i use a midisport 4x4, have done for about 10 years, Ive no experience with any others but can recommend that one highly, never had a problem with it
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

MarcAshken wrote:i use a midisport 4x4, have done for about 10 years, Ive no experience with any others but can recommend that one highly, never had a problem with it
had countless of issues with it on xp (2x2 anniv edition). but since i moved to win7 64bit i had no issue yet.

if you only have one instrument than most soundcards have a midi input.

i strongly suggest making an external instrument in cubase (f4), it will sync the instrument regardless to the drivers latency.