I want to throw a rave in 2045

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I want to throw a rave in 2045

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Was thinking that I when i am an old man I want to throw a good old fashioned rave before I get too old to get down on the dance floor. Its going to feature "The Best Music You Never Bothered To Listen To" and consist of only music released from netlabels over the last 50 years. Its going to be sweet. Everyone is welcomed!

I feel bad for people who don't take netlabels seriously or are resistant to listening. I think it is messed up how much most people respect commercial products over non-commercial productions. Sure there is a lot of crap to sift through but there is so much gold too.

Just some late night musings...
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: I want to throw a rave in 2045

Post by pafufta816 »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:I feel bad for people who don't take netlabels seriously or are resistant to listening. I think it is messed up how much most people respect commercial products over non-commercial productions. Sure there is a lot of crap to sift through but there is so much gold too.
!!!!!!! for realz. artists complain out their asses that illegal downloading is killing the industry... SO RELEASE YOUR sh!t FOR FREE THEN. if it has proven to be valueless by your consumers then you are marketing to the wrong demographic. jay haze is right, music should be free. if it ain't selling then you are doing something wrong.

the philosophy of netlabels is freedom of access and expression. the philosophy of beatportal is the polar opposite of this, and in the long term only contributes to an oversaturated market where consumers no longer value music. boycott mp3 purchasing and support cd and vinyl sales. dear commercial mp3 labels, you will die and soon. it's not my fault it's yours. k thankx bye!
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: I want to throw a rave in 2045

Post by Evad »

pafufta816 wrote: the philosophy of netlabels is freedom of access and expression. the philosophy of beatportal is the polar opposite of this, and in the long term only contributes to an oversaturated market where consumers no longer value music.
Hm, I think you've made a little error there. Not that I want to be difficult, but giving music away for free, ALSO contributes to an oversaturated market where consumers no longer value music, BECAUSE of the fact the music is free.

By paying for music - digital, cd or vinyl - you get attached to it in a way you don't have with free music. This attachment contributes to the value that you give to a certain piece of music.

I don't believe in a free world. Everything has it's price / value, that's what makes certain things unique.
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

i think netlabels, digital and CD/vinyl labels exist pretty well already. yeah, if everything was free, then it can get really confusing. i hardly purchase digital files, but there is no replacement for owning a physical CD or record.

i'm kind of afraid to think about the state of electronic music in 2045 :lol:
- matt
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

One of the problems for me and Netlabels is browsing/downloading them. Call me lazy, but it's rough browsing through multiple threads, looking for download links, and playing the tracks. I had an idea to start a website called freeport, and it would be somewhat similar to beatport but netlabels only. Would make life much easier to have central station with the netlabel tracks streaming for browsing. Maybe I am missing something and this has been done already?
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

infernal.techno wrote:i'm kind of afraid to think about the state of electronic music in 2045 :lol:
I am a little bit more concerned about the state of the world in 2045 :cry: but if there will still be enough resources to throw a rave i will attend definetely :arrow:
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

I won't be too old to boogie in 2045!
Just because it's on a netlabel or digital-only doesn't make it second tier to a release on vinyl or CD.
In '07 I bought Serato to play the digital tracks that I was missing out on. At the time, a lot of netlabel releases were among the best tracks out.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i've been involved with netlabels for a long time now and i have to say the quality is not the same between netlabels and vinyl labels. it's hard work running a netlabel because you ask so many artist to do a release but only a few will be interested. as for people asking for a release, i've only had 2 or 3 that were good enough.

if anyone is interested in releasing on alt recordings just send me some tracks.