Exchanging Electribe ESX1 for an EMX1

- ask away
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

yess, there is one pattern on it that is called ER-1 if I remember good...it shows you the preset too trun the synth section into a sort of er-1...it sounds pretty goo in fact ;)...
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

s.k. wrote: also, korg seem to be vague about the cross-modulation thing - they only say one osc can modulate the other, but don't say how - is it FM?
did not know you could do this... maybe in a single voice there is a setting for that. dunno you'll find the emx so easy to make sounds its like reducing all the sh!t you've ever learned to 6 knobs. and you twist them, press some buttons and sometimes good things happen. yeah :D
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

yeah i hear you on the doing-it-quickly thing, i know what you mean from my experience with the red one, some might say they sound cheap but i actually like that sound.

on the cross-mod thing - this is from the SOS review:
Classic synth techniques are also modelled, so you can select a Ring Modulator for clangorous, metallic 'sum-and-difference' sounds and an Oscillator Sync option, which is great for soaring lead sounds. Cross Modulation creates complex waveforms by modulating Osc 1 with the output of Osc 2, while the Variable Phase Modulation Oscillator is capable of creating further metallic sounds by modulating the phase of one oscillator with another.
guess i'll see in a few days, its just the 'new gear fever' you know ;)
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

[quote="s.k."]yeah i hear you on the doing-it-quickly thing, i know what you mean from my experience with the red one, some might say they sound cheap but i actually like that sound.
quote]

Those naysayers probably haven't upgraded their tubes. Huge difference when I upgraded.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i've never used the cross-mod on it. i don't think it sounds that good.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

thanks for the replies guys
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

hey does anyone know how to balance the output of the tubes? slighly panned to the one side here, not that its a big problem but i'd like to make their outputs even... i read that its possible and i just have to turn something with a screwdriver... anyone knows where that is? the machine sounds good btw, happy i bought it, and moreso together with the red one... thx
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

most manufacturers usually label stuff pretty well.

analogue circuits are easy as fck to troubleshoot and follow the signal path. Most boxes are easy to take apart without hurting anything. I would probably make sure I hadn't walked up a down a carpet rubbing my feet or touched any CRT monitors first.

I would be looking for a trimmer resistor in or near the output path. it might even be helpfully labelled.