big boo - first track i've ever made

- music
big boo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

big boo - first track i've ever made

Post by big boo »

well here's what i have of the first actual track i've ever really composed. i think it's fun :D
i don't really know where to go though, or if it sounds mixed right. what do you guys think so far?

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=191P ... O04B93QD1E
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

hey so i heard this, and so here i go

i wouldnt call this a track, but im not track master supreme..so whatever

i like the fact that for your first track you used these noises and souunds

alot of the times i think people....incuding myself....try to make a certain sound, but refuse to use the audio sources that are natural for that sound...
does this make sense?...

so maybe this doesnt apply to you, but i always found myself trying to make this deep drum sound from a synth....although i knew if i just used an 808 pitched up bass drum....id get the sound i want....i always just kept trying with the synth...

so what im saying is....go for what works.....dont just be weird....we're all weird to some extent and we could get weirder if we tried......minimal techno...call me old fashioned should be danceable

if you know a snare always sounds good in a certain spot....put it there and see where it takes you....theres plenty of time to experiment later...
make progress and build on each thing you learn...

haha...so as far as your song goes....i think quite incomplete....i do like the sounds....and the leveling of the sounds u have arent bad either....but that one bass drum sound that sounds off.....well i think its obvious

so yeah....im glad u shared it...id like to hear the follow ups

later
big boo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by big boo »

haha i made the sounds with a fork :D thanks

yeah, that one weird bass sound towards the beginning, i knew it sort of sounded off but i liked it, maybe it just isn't working though

everything sort of sounded warped and off so i ran with it but maybe i'll tune that aspect up a bit

thanks for the criticism
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

hmm, well mlexicon is just trying to intimidate you...he's really a good guy actually! :P

i like the little clicks how they work..i see you are really eagar to do experimentations to a large extend which sometimes knows to destroy the feeling and focus of the track, so if you have any nerves and knowhow to pull this track really good, so it doesn't loose focus. DO IT!

personally, i can't stad that offset kick, it's just not what i want to hear in a track, but everything else sounds really clever.

show us the final when it's done.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
BobStock
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BobStock »

First track 8) !! I also agree with M Lexicon ( He math im back :wink: ), It is not a complete track! But the sounds! Yes I do like that! That kick sounds great too! But a nice deep bass sound should sound better!!!! Try to experiment with that....!
orbnhoj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by orbnhoj »

nice one. although i agree its not a complete track i like where you are headed with it. let us also hear some more of what you got cooking...)