Problem with my Mbase 11

- ask away
Artificial
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Problem with my Mbase 11

Post by Artificial »

I cant get my mbase working properly.. Having trouble to trigger the mbase trough midi notes.

Setup : Mbase connected with an audio cable to input 3 on my interface (echo audiofire 12)
Midi in & out connected

Im using Ableton, I guess theres the problem.. because when I push the play button on my mbase i can hear sound. But i cant trigger my mbase with midi notes. There was 1 way i could trigger them, but then i got some sort of delay on it.. so that was the wrong way.
Probably a simple solution, but cant seem to get it right.

Grtz
Beaumont
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Beaumont »

You might be dealing with a bit of latency. Set your buffer on your driver as low as you can without it glitching. The way i have had the most fun is triggering the mbase with the audio trigger in. Setup a track in ableton and creat a pattern with a short perc sound like a rimshot. Send that track to one of your extra outputs on the Echo. Plug the output cable to the trigger input on the mbase and you will have hours of fun. :)
Last edited by Beaumont on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

have you got it properly set up in the preferences in Ableton?

Hows the Echo 12? was thinking about picking one of them up this week.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Are you using the midi on the audiofire? In my experience, midi and audio should be handled separately. The motu 5 channel midi interfaces are nice.

Also, are you running the mbase through a compressor or something before routing it back into Ableton? That will cause a delay that will need compensated for in Ableton.

The Mbase is probably setup to use a certain note (C2, D3, whatever) for triggers and can possibly be altered to whatever you want. Make sure the midi channel's match in Ableton and on the Mbase.

Hope that helps
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

Theres two midi modes on the mbase, one with a fixed note (i think c3) and one spanning c1-c3 to play tonally, mabe your sending the wrong midi note?
Artificial
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Artificial »

Im using C3
I guess my properties are wrong.. ill post them a little later on.. (theres no inet on my computer where i produce, to much distraction)
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

Artificial wrote:(theres no inet on my computer where i produce, to much distraction)
you got that setting right ;)
Nhouz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Problem with my Mbase 11

Post by Nhouz »

guys, what about having trouble with a normal audio signal trigged into the mbase?
i'm not sure if I should change thread but it seems specifc about triggering this device.

it's kind of difficult to handle.
let's say that i plug an audio output form a mixer directly to the mbase.
i need to set the trigger level very high. 250. sometimes it's going crazy and get to much trig input, but when i lower the level by 1, then is not enough!!!!???
is that normal or what?
thanks, J