Funktion One's owner on why they're the best

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

roland wrote:
patrick bateman wrote: The problem with this method, is that I don't feel part of the party.
it`s just such a classic when there is no sound and the deejay doesn`t recognize cause he has his headphones on =)))
haha classic error :)
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

roland wrote:
patrick bateman wrote: The problem with this method, is that I don't feel part of the party.
it`s just such a classic when there is no sound and the deejay doesn`t recognize cause he has his headphones on =)))
drunken error nro. 1. :) never happened to me though, thank god.

but the thing about mixing with headphones is the preciseness. you don't always need that and of course, if you have shitty monitoring and you still "need" to be clean that's propably the only way to still deliver.
lowpassfellow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lowpassfellow »

juhokusti wrote:
roland wrote:
drunken error nro. 1. :) never happened to me though, thank god.

but the thing about mixing with headphones is the preciseness. you don't always need that and of course, if you have shitty monitoring and you still "need" to be clean that's propably the only way to still deliver.
thank god i never experienced a "zero sound" moment (although i have witnessed them before). after the mix i take my phones off, and then bring the monitors back up loud, so it's not a constant wear the 'phones session.

damn i miss DJ'ing.... :(
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

I like the way he has a little grin to himself after saying that '100 pure watts of sound is actually enough to kill you'

and also the way he has his rat's tail hair hanging over his shoulder showing it off.

Made me laugh, good video though, he knows his sh!t!

Can also imagine him out with his wife in a wine bar complaining that it sounds like a bathroom haha!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

the DJ mixer bit is interesting. although he didn't give any brand names he's basically saying Allen & Heath have bad sound quality.

these guys recommend Formula Sound because they help design the FF6000. i've never used this mixer but i have used the FSM600, which is dog sh!t. the EQ's don't do anything! i played on 2 of them so it's unlikely they were both broken. can anyone comment on the quality of the FF6000?
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

tone-def wrote:the DJ mixer bit is interesting. although he didn't give any brand names he's basically saying Allen & Heath have bad sound quality.

these guys recommend Formula Sound because they help design the FF6000. i've never used this mixer but i have used the FSM600, which is dog sh!t. the EQ's don't do anything! i played on 2 of them so it's unlikely they were both broken. can anyone comment on the quality of the FF6000?
yep, i can. the ff6000 is the best mixer i've ever played on. period.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tone-def wrote:the DJ mixer bit is interesting. although he didn't give any brand names he's basically saying Allen & Heath have bad sound quality.

I tried it once at Dice Club Berlin, I didn't like it.
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

Evad Streaklov wrote:

yep, i can. the ff6000 is the best mixer i've ever played on. period.
that mixer with the f1 just work really nice. it might work nice without them as well. like that mixer a lot.