music 2.0

- open
jay haze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jay haze »

Roy Koch wrote:[quote="Themis"

BTW, does Jay Haze really think that people without a proper roof under their head care about if they can afford going to a club or not? I think they have other priorities.

excuse me roy? do you know me? do you know how many different slums i have been to in this world asking questions?
im serious here, please answer me-
do you know what they want? have you personally ever gone there and asked?

well, let me tell you i dedicate a portion of my time in life, to this exact question. again, ignorant remarks by people who are clearly not ready to take the next step. am i wrong?

because if i am, i need the information as to why im wrong. its only fair.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

jay haze wrote:@patrick bateman- this idea of music 2.0 i state very clearly, "for lack of a better term" this is not my idea, many people are involved and i dont claim to have all the answers. just many quesions.
As I wrote, I think you have some really valid points, but I also find some of the ideas unrealistic. I have no problems that you and some other people stand up for what they believe in.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

@ BLM- i get it, you are frustrated. you dont know me personally, or what i do on a day to day basis. i have NEVER in my life charged a large fee for anything, and i simply get by. i am happy to simply get by, and have good people around me who help to support my "unpopular" beliefs.
i mean really, present some evidence before u run a muck.

I did say I was speculating. Anyhow I'm sure our 'large fee' sum would be different. For me getting paid £1000 per gig is a large fee and I know plenty that recieve such money. My whole point is that you yourself have done very well from the music industry. It's allowed you to live a life that most would dream of, so I dont get why you would essentially turn your back on it.

I'm confused.. not frustrated :D
Last edited by ::BLM:: on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

jay haze wrote:
Themis wrote:i think everyone can move to lima, its like 3rd world there.. just get a job there, and even that should not be a problem at all with the school education from the west..

nothing easier than moving to south america i guess ..

try it the other way and move from south america to europe, now thats impossible.

you literally have no clue what you are talking about.
South American cities are more expensive than most American cities, and on par with some European cities. ever been here?
i have been living in South America for on and off 6 years, not only in Lima.
in Lima, i have 0 American friends or European for that matter.
go see for yourself before you make ignorant remarks, which is clearly what your remark is.
i think you understood me wrong
someone said you could only moved there cause you had much money.

my intention was to say, if you can make it in any european country then you can make it in south america. you dont have to have much money.

it was not my intention to say that its easy what you are doing or that anyone could do it, like its not hard work or anything like that.

but you are right i was not in southamerica, but im going for 3 weeks to brasil in february and i will see what its like there.

It's allowed you to live a life that most would dream of, so I dont get why you would essentially turn your back on it.
maybe he is not only interested in his life :)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Quote:
It's allowed you to live a life that most would dream of, so I dont get why you would essentially turn your back on it.

maybe he is not only interested in his life Smile
Well we can see that, but it just looks like a big fck you to a lot of people. If that was his intention then cool, but I am just saying it how I see it.

It reminds me of what someone said in the production forum, but he made more sense to me. I dont get why Jay cant still continue to put out music on his labels and stuff. I dont see what that connection has to do with greed of other people.
until very recent times music was something that ordinary people shared and celebrated, business only came into the picture with the advent of the big record labels in the aerly 20th century, and they were mostly a bunch of thieves who never gave the musicians their dues.
music can exist without business.
jay haze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jay haze »

::BLM:: wrote:
Quote:

maybe he is not only interested in his life Smile
Well we can see that, but it just looks like a big fck you to a lot of people. If that was his intention then cool, but I am just saying it how I see it.

It reminds me of what someone said in the production forum, but he made more sense to me. I dont get why Jay cant still continue to put out music on his labels and stuff. I dont see what that connection has to do with greed of other people.
until very recent times music was something that ordinary people shared and celebrated, business only came into the picture with the advent of the big record labels in the aerly 20th century, and they were mostly a bunch of thieves who never gave the musicians their dues.
music can exist without business.
music labels can exist without the big business.
and im more than happy to listen to all the music on the labels who continue.
i have spent 10 years of my life doing record labels. its rather boring to me now, so in the end the decision to stop my labels has also to do with this.
oh i might add to the fact, that once i did have a savings- that i hoped to buy a house with somewhere in the world. and my distributors went bankrupt, and i lost everything i had saved for nearly 7 years.
so there is many reasons as to why i personally choose to shut down the labels. but i am by no means against anyone else doing what they want.
@blm- im sorry i did take your post wrong, and im glad you cleared it up!
cheers-
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

i think a lot of what Jay is saying here is great. it's even greater to see him here posting. not everybody wants or needs the same path in music creation.
- matt
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

I see Jay's actions and ideas with a very optimist point of view.
But I think this interview paradoxically shows a pessimist Jay Haze...
Maybe it's the fact that he was really sick, or the questions... or simply it is his rhetoric.
Or maybe it's just me!