[a]pendics.shuffle & Dilo-Rattlesnake Insanity (we are)

- only
agaric
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[a]pendics.shuffle & Dilo-Rattlesnake Insanity (we are)

Post by agaric »

Finally these two tracks have come out to see the light of day, together with remixes by Ed Davenport and Upon You's Marco Resmann!
Title: [a]pendics.shuffle & Dilo "Rattlesnake Insanity Ep"
To Buy This: http://beatport.com/s/r1koeb
LISTEN: http://soundcloud.com/we-are-1/sets/a-p ... sanity-ep/
DJ Reactions:

"well done -good stuff again !!!!"
-Anthony Collins(Vakant, Freak n' Chic)
"Amazing all around, but it’s Ed’s mix that does it for me the most. Also loving That Little Rattlesnake original version. 5/5!"
-Alland Byallo (Dirtybird, Nightlight)
"I like I like!"
-Alexi Delano (Plus 8, Svek)
"bomb release with fantastic remixes. love the ed davenport rmx, could play this a lot if you send me the mp3 files
thanks"
-DJ emerson (Micro.fon, Sub Static)
"Great Ep!!!"
-Mathias Kaden (Vakant)
"DAMN BOY! Once again, the sh!t is real. FULL support. What a nasty-ass Christmas present. Perfect."
-Deepchild (Resopal/Trapez)
"love the remixes! thanks :)"
-Mark Henning (Clink, Trapez, Soma)
"Love it!! this combo is on FIRE!!"
-Mikael Stavostrand (Sunset Diskos, Adjunct, Thema)
"4 great artists on one release? keep it coming! love the originals especially, but all good. oh, and who wrote the onesheet? its fucking awesome!"
-Beaner (Bar 25)
"really strong release ! hard to choose a fav..all tracks are very special for me !!"
-Pherox (Dumb-Unit)
"Ouf fet man! Ed Davenport mix is up meine strasse!! :)"
-Joel Mull (Drumcode)
"Ed Davenport is the one for me great one please send me the wav!"
-Loco Dice (Desolat)
"Very nice ep,will love to get the mp3 :) merry christsmas and happy 2011"
-Paco Osuna (Plus 8)
ranza)

"If you haven't heard of Dilo and [a]pendics.shuffle, you might need some back story. The two are Pea People from the Pod planet who were dropped here on earth around 30 years ago in Argentina and the United States of America. Despite crash landing far, far apart, they eventually found each other and chose to do the ritualized mating dance of their home planet together (making music, its totally non-sexual since the pea people reproduce through parthenogenesis).
Their new EP, Rattlesnake Insanity, gets that sweaty, writhing ritual feeling all up in your ear-holes. Is it My Insanity's percussion pops, tickles and fizzles all over the place while the washed, metallic hits of space and rockets vrooming are far in the background. Only the vocal reminds you that they are beckoning for you. "Did you lead me here?" indeed. That Lil' Rattlesnake on the other hand is overtly a come on. Steeped in whatever goo those pea-people ooze, its writhing, snakey bass and "want to slide up inside you" vocal do exactly what they were meant to. Oh sh!t, are your undergarments missing?
On remix duties, Earthlings Ed Davenport and Marco Resmann both turn in more earth bound mixes. Ed's ups the big synths to swirl around a cavernous room and add seesaw hats to keep the energy banging. The thunderous Kick doesn't hurt either. Marco's distinct Berlin tech-house version keeps the funk and adds a lilt and swing that focuses the question "Is it My Insanity" by confusing you and keeping you moving at the same time. Afterhour Magic. "

Released by: We Are Records
Release/catalogue number: WRR020
Release date: Jan 4, 2011