1/21/11 - USA - Knoxville, TN - LEVON VINCENT @ HEADROOM

Post by thefunnel »

LEVON VINCENT
[Novel Sound, Deconstruct, Ostgut Ton, Underground Quality, Ovum]
with WILL AZADA and STEVE WILSON [Headroom, Proper, KnoxEDM]

Pre-Sales Available at Showclix: http://www.showclix.com/event/15750/

$10 / $15 :: pre / door

$5 surcharge for VIP premium benefits

In celebration of a new year and a new era in the development of Knoxville's underground electronic music scene, Headroom & KnoxEDM bring you the very first edition of PROPER, featuring one of the finest DJs and producers the world has seen: Mr. LEVON VINCENT

Levon Vincent has created quite a buzz on the electronic music scene as of late, with a heavy DJ schedule; a personal invitation to rock Berlin's Berghain from none other than Marcel Dettmann; a much talked about podcast for Resident Advisor; a first year debut on Resident Advisor's Top 100 DJs at no.54; massive releases on his own Deconstruct and Novel Sound imprints, as well as a heavy hitter by the name of "Late Night Jam" on Berlin's much revered Ostgut Ton label associated with the infamous Berghain/Panoramabar; and a feature spot on Ben Klock's latest Berghain 04 mix compilation-Levon Vincent has been on the rise. On top of that, he's had another stormer of a remix released on Jus Ed's latest from Underground Quality, called "I'm Coming," with a smattering of new cuts on the way from his own labels in 2011.

Levon Vincent is a DJ and producer from New York City. He is part of the tri-state area's Underground Quality crew headed by label owner Jus Ed. He runs the Novel Sound label and also makes records for Deconstruct Music-a second label which he manages alongside longtime friend Anthony Parasole (of House n Home/ The Club House).

"I spent my teenage years in the pre-Guiliani, dance-friendly 90s on 8th street at Patricia Field's store, ticketing clothing in the basement during days, then spending my nights DJing and learning to make house music. In that era I DJed at clubs like Limelight, Shelter, Save the Robots, and Nation. The latter half of the 90s was pretty weak in New York, and I dropped out to focus on learning more about music. In 2002, I started working for Halcyon Records in Brooklyn where we hosted parties with DJs like Frankie Knuckles, Danny Krivit, Nicky Siano, Mark Kamins, Jus-Ed and many more inspirational figures. During this time I ran my first record label, 'MoremusicNY' and I made my first deep house record, nomoreheros, (released in 2002). Jaymz Nylon heard it in the store and gave me some very important feedback, and helped me understand a newer approach to doing arrangements "on the fly", which I then explored for the next several years. This technique proved to be a huge piece of the puzzle for me. In 2007, I began preparation for my label, Novel Sound, under the guidance of friend and mentor Jus Ed."

2010 has been a busy year for Levon, with a heavy DJ tour schedule across Europe, Japan, Singapore, the US, and beyond. In 2011, he'll be making one of his first stops in the U.S. in Knoxville, TN to bring the underground and timeless sounds of techno and house together for a massive night of music at Headroom.

"I'm extremely excited to be having someone of Levon's caliber performing at Headroom," says Will Azada. "Since I first heard his release, 'Love Technique' on Josh Wink's Ovum label several years ago, I've been interested in his music. Some time later he came out of the blue with a slew of vinyl exclusives on Deconstruct and Novel, and then one of my favorite Resident Advisor podcasts in 2009. Every single release with Levon's name on it has been a must-buy, and so far, I've not been disappointed. After a bit of a production hiatus in 2010, I'm highly anticipating his Novel and Deconstruct releases for 2011. I've had some exciting bookings, but this is definitely the most anticipated yet."

PROPER 001 the first of many future events where we showcase the top, contemporary talent in the techno, house, electro, dubstep, and drum & bass fields--will assuredly be an evening to remember, and a great way to celebrate a new decade of electronic music in the most unexpected of places--Knoxville, Tennessee.

The usual Headroom membership benefits apply--if you're not in the know, ask a past attendee.

Mixes & Interviews:

http://www.junodownload.com/plus/2010/0 ... iew-levon- vincent
http://mnmlssg.blogspot.com/2010/01/mnm ... -levon-vin cent.html
http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/words/200 ... troducing- levon-vincent
http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1075
http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/featu ... rviews-lev on-vincent/

HEADROOM
513 COOPER ST.
KNOXVILLE, TN 37917

visit KnoxEDM and Resident Advisor for more information and discussion.

PRE-SALES NOW ADDED: http://www.showclix.com/event/15750/

$10 / $15 :: pre / door

$5 surcharge for VIP premium benefits
Emote Music
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Emote Music »

Levon Vincent in East Tennessee. That is awesome!

Big ups from Colorado, guys. I hope this goes well!
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

Emote Music wrote:Levon Vincent in East Tennessee. That is awesome!

Yeah, thats awesome!
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

Emote Music wrote:Levon Vincent in East Tennessee. That is awesome!

Thanks guys for the positive words! I'm a big fan of his music and mixing, and every time I've tried to catch him, something has happened where it's failed. Finally, I said screw it and decided to just book him out here :)

Hopefully we pack the place in. It's a small joint, but it would be great to have 250 people dancing the morning away. It'll be a hard sell, but that's why I've been pushing early and hard :)

Will report back with results sometime in late January :)

Tell your friends!
Emote Music
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Emote Music »

thefunnel wrote:Hopefully we pack the place in. It's a small joint, but it would be great to have 250 people dancing the morning away. It'll be a hard sell, but that's why I've been pushing early and hard :)

Tell your friends!
I grew up in Bristol, VA, so I wasn't too far from Knoxville. I still have some friends in the Tri-Cities area, so I'll let them know about this. People in that are have no problem driving a couple of hours to catch good show.

Again, nice work!
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

Emote Music wrote:
thefunnel wrote:Hopefully we pack the place in. It's a small joint, but it would be great to have 250 people dancing the morning away. It'll be a hard sell, but that's why I've been pushing early and hard :)

Tell your friends!
I grew up in Bristol, VA, so I wasn't too far from Knoxville. I still have some friends in the Tri-Cities area, so I'll let them know about this. People in that are have no problem driving a couple of hours to catch good show.

Again, nice work!
Awesome and thank you. Let me know in advance if you ever plan on making it back around here. Maybe we could organize something at my space. I like the music on your label! Might have to shoot some trax your way soon. I enjoy doing label nights. We've got one coming up featuring Konstructure this weekend.
Emote Music
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Emote Music »

I'll shoot you a PM, so I don't end up jacking your thread for a great show! ;)
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

This is coming up FAST! Looking really forward to jacking it with everyone. Hope some of my mnml.nl crew stops by! One of the only "east coast" dates of the year that I know of, and definitely the first and only in the dir-tay south ;)

Knoxville does it right.

proper.