uk personal finance deals

- open
catchpenny
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

uk personal finance deals

Post by catchpenny »

I was wondering if anyone had any advice / recommendations. I need to get some decent monitors but can't afford to buy them flat out. Do stores generally offer some sort of way to pay in monthly installments or something?
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

djstore.co.uk usually do a buy now pay later deal which is cool if you can pay it off in the next 9 months because it will then go onto a finance policy with 35% apr or something.

djfinancedirect.co.uk? have it at 0% finance but their prices are usually a little bit higher.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

yeah a lot of the big places have finance...

check out the interest rates though... most of them are pretty shocking... so for an expensive bit of kit you actually end up paying loads more for it in the long run...

might be better to get a better rate personal from the bank or whatever...

or if you've got the credit rating... get one of those interest free credit card deals...
catchpenny
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by catchpenny »

cool, thanks for the links and advice. I'm gojng to go into rubadub tomorrow and see if they can do anything similar
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I can say here in the states the financial institutions have finally started to move. I've had recent offers of 0% for 12 months for balance transfers on a credit card, and luckily when I went to pick up some new gear over the thanksgiving weekend, I was able to get 0% for 12 months / same as cash if I 1. opened up a card through the guitar center store, 2. bought it between now and dec. 31st.

Im not sure specifically about the UK, but I can say after a stagnant 3 years, a gigantic shift has taken place, at least here in the states, and Im sure if it's not already it will be there too. it's the first REAL shift I think we've had in 3-4 years..

p.s. be careful of back interest. if you get stuck not paying off your balance you could just as easy add on an additional 30% of your original purchase plus it being thrown into a 29% interested until you pay it off...
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

This is the best american one if you need help:

http://www.americanmusical.com
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

anyone has a suggestion in germany?
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

john clees wrote:I was able to get 0% for 12 months / same as cash if I 1. opened up a card through the guitar center store, 2. bought it between now and dec. 31st.
Stupid question...did Guitar Center run a credit check on you for their credit card? I have a nice down payment for some gear but it will take a bit more time for the rest. Just wondering.
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz