Monitoring on A Xone92

- open
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Monitoring on A Xone92

Post by jackbrazzo »

First time I've mixed on one of these babies last night - one thing that was a bit odd was the fact you couldnt have two channels on at the same time as a Pioneer or other mixer. Were we being really dumb here, but I could not seem to get the two channels in the phones??
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i think there is a button somewhere...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i think you have to push both cue buttons at the exact same time

xone 42 is the same as pioneer

or you just use the cue-mix potti
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

press the 2 channel buttons at the same time ;)
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

what a dunce - I dont understand why they have done that - cant see an advantage - A lovely mixer though.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

jackbrazzo wrote:what a dunce - I dont understand why they have done that - cant see an advantage - A lovely mixer though.
it's not a big deal when you get used to it, but admitted, in the beginning I hated it too..
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

i always thought there was a mix dial to go between the cue and the master.. but just had a look at the pic of the mixer and there isn't... maybe the post EQ button will allow you to mix between the master and cue...

you can use the aux knobs on the channels and get a pseudo cue/master mix going on the headphones, if you like to have a bit of the other channel, but not at full volume mix going on...

really hate the pressing both cues at the same time... does my head in... hate split que too...

that's one thing the DJMs are good for.. simple straight forward monitoring...also on the level meters too..
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

ChrisCV wrote:i always thought there was a mix dial to go between the cue and the master.. but just had a look at the pic of the mixer and there isn't... maybe the post EQ button will allow you to mix between the master and cue...

you can use the aux knobs on the channels and get a pseudo cue/master mix going on the headphones, if you like to have a bit of the other channel, but not at full volume mix going on...

really hate the pressing both cues at the same time... does my head in... hate split que too...

that's one thing the DJMs are good for.. simple straight forward monitoring...also on the level meters too..
There is a knob ont he right hand side of the mixer, above the headphone volume that allows you to do this.