Monitoring on A Xone92

- open
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

It's only £759 so I doubt it will be, looks good but I would prefer a rotary 92.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

yeah psytox that's what i thought too.. maybe it can be my little v6.. 8)

@iankerr
you can't really compare them cause the 92 costs twice as much.. and actually i don't wanna spend so much money on a mixer which will only be used by me at home..

right now i have to decide between the xone42, this xone s2 or a djm700 .. i had the djm600 for years and can't say i like it.. :D
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

actually the price for the xone 92 is not worth it

you have more phono lines, and a second filter bank, the rest of the features are insignificant for home use, or are for very specific uses.

i dont pay 500€ more for a second filter bank and phono lines which i will never use..

xone 42 and xone s2 are 2 of the most cost effective mixers out there
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

love the second filter bank...

actually its why i love the DJM800 its got filters on each channel!

actually just seen ther xone 42.. get that... its like a stripped back DJM800 with all the important bits left on.

xone S2 is ok... only got one filter... and is fucking wide...

DJM700... is also ok.. but its annoynibg how its filter is only channel assignable..
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

roland wrote:hm.. since we're talking about xones..

i wanted to buy a 42 but then i saw this baby right here..

has anyone ever played on or rather seen this mixer and can say something about it? ..

you can swith between rotary and line faders with a simple plate.. furthermore it is imo superior to the 42 considering the inputs (4 phono channels f.e.) .. there is no shop in my town which has it so that i would be able to test it or play on it before buying..

maybe anyone give a little feedback on it..
my friend has that mixer. it has great sound quality, but like other people said only one filter. and maybe in europe its cheaper than the xone 92 but here it's more expensive. and in low light conditions this mixer is a bit too dark being all black. but its still nice.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

ChrisCV wrote:love the second filter bank...

actually its why i love the DJM800 its got filters on each channel!

actually just seen ther xone 42.. get that... its like a stripped back DJM800 with all the important bits left on.

xone S2 is ok... only got one filter... and is fcking wide...

DJM700... is also ok.. but its annoynibg how its filter is only channel assignable..
DJM800 is okay, but soundwise not anywhere near a xone. I'd go for a xone:42 if I'm on a budget tbh. And if you really want to go Dave Clarke, just get an EFX-500 or something :-)
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

really? i can't even tell the differnce between a record playing through a xone or a DJM... all sounds the same to me...

the only difference is the sound of the filters... xones sound nicer, DJMs sound a bit sterile... also there's more control on the filter sound for the xone so that might have something to do with it
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

ChrisCV wrote:really? i can't even tell the differnce between a record playing through a xone or a DJM... all sounds the same to me...

the only difference is the sound of the filters... xones sound nicer, DJMs sound a bit sterile... also there's more control on the filter sound for the xone so that might have something to do with it
Agreed, Pioneer stepped up their game on the sound quality on the 800.