Bobby Raven - Render

- music
Bobby Raven
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Bobby Raven - Render

Post by Bobby Raven »

...keeping it minimal. Still to be mixed etc.

Your comments appreciated as always..

Cheers.

BR

http://www.7161.com/streamer.cfm?filena ... ck_id=9080

:wink:
Bobby Raven
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bobby Raven »

:?: :roll:

anyone?

tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

hmm its just because of the stream.. normally i download the files and listen to them later because i dont want my playlist to be disrupted ;)

just gave it a try now.. sounds pretty cool.. nice arrangement..
like the bleepy bass a lot.. i'm not sure about the kick.. but percussion fits..
i'm missing something in the middle and end part but cant tell you what :P
seems to be stuck a bit
but besides that nice tune you've got there ;)

cheers
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

nice reverb on the organ stab.
the effect sound in the intro is getting tired pretty quickly.
the clap is way to thin and as such has no power to it, the kick is a little thin too, no real 50hz action in it, and the nord style bass has very little bass in it aswell.
the bass is too sparce as it never really gets going, i think having a pattern in there where it really rolls for a few bars would be great as a build.
nice and subtle vocals in there, maybe lift them a little to bring them out, as they are very distant.
the top end sounds a bit flat for me, like you need to boost 6-12khz by 2-3db or so.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
Bobby Raven
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bobby Raven »

...thanks tsod, I'll have a look at the mid / end. Have just had a tendency to maybe do too much with things, so was keen to keep things simple.

Kenada, thanks a lot - really useful feedback. I'll have a look at changing things round a bit. Just wanted to keep the space in the track by not going too deep with the bass, maybe just haven't got the balance right.

appreciate the feedback

BR
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

Don't know if this is a usefull feedback as well - but i like it realy. Except of the Hihats. If you synthesized it youreself cut the release time a litle but ok this is a question of taste.
forcesupreme
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by forcesupreme »

Nice crispy percussion, dubby chordstabs, nervous basslines... I do agree with Kujoma about the hihats.

And the track does'nt really build up to somekind of climax, it just goes on... Maybe you can put somekind of lift in the track by adding somekind of theme, a subtle leadmelody or whatever...
It's a personall thing i guess... i have the same with most of villalobos his work... they don't go any where... they just go, which is not wrong, but you can make your track even better by adding some intresting themes.
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

Depends what it is made for. For clubs tracks who just "goin" work better imho.