just 2 short previews, comment plz

- music
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

Don't tell me anything about Equipment Problems ;) I know them all :lol:

I hate to export any synth loops because i offen don't wanna synth loops. I wanna modulate on the fly and without latency. Ok It'll be still alowed to dream.. :wink:
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

hehe thought in the same way for a while.. so keeping the synth's to be more flexible.. but then i recognized that with static audio files you can even be more flexible than with synthies ;) all depends :-/
jhon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jhon »

i also like this.. very airy sound.. it got alot of room in it...

as for the sound, its nice .. the stab in the end on the first snippet is abit high as someone already said..

second snipp is more my kind .. very deep and funky bassline..
sweet hihats. simple and good..
d-rokc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by d-rokc »

hi tsod, you seem to have realized a very important thing - audio is more flexible.

originally someone would do it for the obvious reason - short of mixer channels, or CPU. but when you bounce to audio, you can then import 5 versions of the bounced file in, say battery, and do much more crazy stuff. it has become a technique.

say u gotta add reverb to sth. if you do it 'by the book' (chain it on the aux send) the only flexibility you get is that later you can run other channels through the same reverb (which might be what you want). but if you bounce to audio only the wet signal, and then import it in your sampler just next to the original (dry sound) 4 times, then you gonna have 4 reverberated signals of the dry sample to fck with. i wont tell you what follows cuz you know it - eq-ing the wet; modulating any parameters of the reverberated sound; hard-panning two of em oppositely and chorusing one; the list goes on forever.
rock beyond believe
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

yes ;) have to keep workin on that ;) i'm a bit happy with myself having realized this.. ehehe
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

wow man, listening to the 04 one... fuckin awesome bassline, the chords are bliss, but you could definetly try to make some variation with them. sounds clean here...try to finish this stuff, okay?

:D
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

02 - nice groove here, the mp3 sounds like pretty low quality though, so it's hard to tell how clean it all is, some of the effect type sounds that were introduced sounded a bit scratchy.

04 - very similar groove here again. the leads sound nice and rich, but again low quality mp3...

would be nice to hear where they go when they're finished...
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

hmm well the first one was 320kbit.. well thats teh best i can present :-/ but i'll work on it for sure.. but as read in another thread the arranging part is the most difficult :P