M-Audio Profire 610

- ask away
Artificial
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

M-Audio Profire 610

Post by Artificial »

I'm thinking of buying a new audio interface (atm I have a tapco link firewire)
I was thinking of the m-audio profire 610 but I don't know a lot of the preferences..
My budget is +- €400. So any recommendation is welcome
Grtz
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

get the Motu ultralite mkIII it has a lot of inputs and outputs (I think 6/6)
It's very sturdy, converters are excellent as are the pre amps. It has both firewire and usb connection, and costs around 560 euros.
chucklechops
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chucklechops »

I have the 610 and it works fine for me. It's pretty basic in terms of features.

There is no way to internally record master output so you have to use a virtual patch cable or a physical cable from the output to the input if you want to record sound from a youtube clip, say.

For some insane reason the headphone volume is tied to the master volume so if you have no volume control between the output and the monitors there is no way to turn down the speaker volume without turning down the headphone volume.

You might need to buy a new firewire card as well. M-audio's answer to most issues is to use a card with a Texas Instruments chipset.

You should also know that a lot of people are having issues and a year has passed since M-audio promised a driver update so you might conclude that they've given up on supporting it.

There's no doubt that Motu is a better bet but it's nearly twice the price.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... NA:GB:1123 this.
you have 3 hours :D
fck I'd get it myself...
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...