[Interview] Sleeparchive exclusive for MNML.nl

all interviews.
lunascape
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lunascape »

Thanks for the interview - love The Sleep!!! He may not be the most exciting person to watch on stage, but his music rocks....
x
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

Daniel Logikal wrote:
harass wrote:
I had the privilege hearing you play live in Ghent, (Kozzmozz party). It was imho a great Live PA, bit it missed a bit “punch”, some people found it too monotone, too clean and not very “shakeable” music. Is this something you are aware of? And are you going to adjust your live PA’s in the future?
stupid questions.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass that onto Ben. Almost as stupid as 99% of your posts on this board? :roll:
at least we're on the same level ;) - serious, what the hell was the above question asking, 'why does your music suck?' then he went on to say, are you aware of this and are you going to adjust it? It sounded like he forced his opinion on to him.

I see an alter-ego remix coming soon
Ben
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ben »

dude, that was question was asked with respect towards the artist, though is it wrong to give a bit critic ?
I guess you'd like to have an "oh you are so great, you're the man" interview....
If you read the reports of fe Kozzmozz, you'll read that the people liked the Live-act but that it missed "something"... semilar reports when Sleeparchive played Live in Holland... Oh lemme guess that people know sh!t about minimal music :wink:
http://www.polarise.be
-Projecting A New Vision-
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

Ben wrote:dude, that was question was asked with respect towards the artist, though is it wrong to give a bit critic ?
I guess you'd like to have an "oh you are so great, you're the man" interview....
If you read the reports of fe Kozzmozz, you'll read that the people liked the Live-act but that it missed "something"... semilar reports when Sleeparchive played Live in Holland... Oh lemme guess that people know sht about minimal music :wink:
I didn’t intend to disrespect you and I totally respect him as an artist, he’s a genius, I guess I expected to see an interview that reflected his views.

I find it interesting that you managed to justify yourself based on the reports of some randoms. I don’t know, I haven’t seen him live, so I guess I really have no idea, but if I went to a sleeparchive party I would expect monotones and drones, I wouldn’t go expecting to dance my ass off.. guess that’s just me. I’m surprised he managed to answer you, I expected him to say…… it’s just the way it is..
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

harass wrote:but if I went to a sleeparchive party I would expect monotones and drones, I wouldn’t go expecting to dance my ass off..
I would expect monotones & drones & to dance my ass off, if you are not dancing your ass off at a party...whats the point? There's enough chin stroking as it is :shock:
Ben
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ben »

No hard feelings,

But I was there 2 at that party and I must say, his productions are marvellous, his livepa was for me great, but he lost the crowd.
So my question was if he would adjust his live in the future. Imho not a disrespectful question.
http://www.polarise.be
-Projecting A New Vision-
sleeparchive
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sleeparchive »

hey, finally the interview is onlin.....
btw: to criticise sleeparchive is welcome and i don`t have any problem with it. there is no need to kiss my ass for what i do :)
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

sleeparchive wrote:hey, finally the interview is onlin.....
btw: to criticise sleeparchive is welcome and i don`t have any problem with it. there is no need to kiss my ass for what i do :)
Not kissing ass here -
Your work is great. It's nice to see someone who really understands how to write great tracks that can make the body and head dance in the way that your tracks do. Your understanding of what "minimal" is really shows and I love it.