--- > do you want to share old net label music ?

- free art

Do you support this idea of sharing old net label music ?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 26

John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

--- > do you want to share old net label music ?

Post by John Clees »

do you want to share old net label music that you can't find online anymore?

perhaps here can be an outlet for those who have old archives of old net label music that you may choose to share and help resurface the artist and their work.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

yes and no.

i think it's kind of beautiful for net releases to fade away and be "out of print". Kinda a positive statement, that people are willing to do this for free, but there needs to be a little support.

But on the other hand, the idea of netlabels is free distribution, no money etc etc.

I upload some of my dead netlabel tracks if people ask, cos the exposure is helpful to my "career". but some of them I'm happier that they are out of print. :)

I think it would be best to contact individual artists and the original label dudes, and host them under their old names in a dead netlabel netlabel. and also to give much thanks for the original guys.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

yeah i've got lots of old netlabel stuff in the archives but would feel weird reposting any of it without consent of the original label managers and artists.

although dj mix tributes are a different story... i'm planning a lil resurrection for my next deFocus session :)
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by . »

Iv'e been looking for this some time ago!

http://www.discogs.com/Vladislav-Delay- ... ase/360922

Anyone?
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: --- > do you want to share old net label music ?

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I can't say I understand why anyone would feel that its not right to share old netlabel music. Seems to me the majority of netlabel music is released under a Creative Commons License which explicitly allows free sharing of the works. There is no need to get the consent of the original creators because they have already given it. They want everyone to share and promote their music!

Regarding beauty in death... while there may be something to that, I think there is more beauty in the constant rebirth of a creative work, and that can only happen when new people discover it. Not to share for the enjoyment of watching something die and savouring its memory strikes me as rather selfish, not that I am passing judgment on your thoughts oblioblioblio, I am just being philosophical here.
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

as long as something is Creative Commons Liscensed you are free to share it, no matter it's age or where you got it from. it is 100% legit. speaking of, does anyone have some of the cism releases? can't find them anywhere, i could trade with some old kyoto digital stuff i have.
K0$+3k
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by K0$+3k »

I have the old eps of CISM archived on DVD,"Demo(n) Cuts" too(and plenty of other netaudio).If you want something,just tell me how and where should I put these files?
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

K0$+3k wrote:I have the old eps of CISM archived on DVD,"Demo(n) Cuts" too(and plenty of other netaudio).If you want something,just tell me how and where should I put these files?
i'm looking for releases 1-8, so that'd be all of them :).

mediafire.com is a good place to upload, if they all fit into 1 or 2 zip files it ought to be small enough to upload without a premium account. i'd really appreciate it.

if there's any netlabel releases that anyones looking for, please ask i may have some requests.