Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Politics - Russian Lessons

Post by Robot Criminal »

http://www.russianlessons.org

Such nice neighbours to have...
What have you?

Just watched the movie on our national television (it's banned in Russia, European channels haven't broadcasted it either) and busy losing the will to live at the moment. :x
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

It's such a vast country, probably why these wars are fought so dirty and no one outside Russia seems bothered. I doubt most russians even care.

As an outsider you get the idea that it's a society of superwealthy gangsters and ultra-poor majority that doesn't have anything, not even freedom of press or to think/say what you like. And politicians do pretty much what they like and the old thinking of conquering countries and respressing the local people is pretty much an acceptable thing...

Yet a lot of the greatest thinkers and activists are Russian. They have a lot to protest against of course... It has so many faces it's hard to form an opinion of it when you look from the outside. Weird but fascinating country.
Anyway, every nation has it's darker secrets I guess: most wars are fought with Belgian weapons or dodgy deals in one way or another, and my country had a king that killed twice as many people in Congo then Hitler. so I'm weary of passing judgment :)

It seems like one tough place.

On the other hand: the few russian people I have met are amazing people and quite opposite to the image that is projected of them in the West. As I said: confusing.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

whats so confusing about this I dont understand.
you have jerks and good people in every country. Same in Russia. People are people everywhere, they all feel joy, pain, anger, sorrow, fear, pleasure, hate, love.