Anyone using Rane Serato Scratch LIVE???

- ask away
Bobby Raven
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Anyone using Rane Serato Scratch LIVE???

Post by Bobby Raven »

...have heard really good stuff about it vs Final Scatch - anyone have any experience of it???

BR

:wink:
El Duardo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by El Duardo »

Yes Iam using it know for 3 months and its working very good. Its very stable en light. There is a very good forum / supporting help. http://www.scratchlive.net/

I know that Richie Hawtin has switching from FS to SSL :-)

Bobby Raven
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bobby Raven »

...'nuff said!! Cheers man.

:wink:
Gene_H
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gene_H »

El Duardo wrote:I know that Richie Hawtin has switching from FS to SSL :-)
He told me the other day that he plans to switch back to FS with a traktor 2.6 or 3.0 engine once he gets the chance to set it up.
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

I use it.....

It's great.

Basic, light and stable.

I don't really have a preference fot either FS or SSL. I bought SSL because of the good stories I heard about stability. I also have a version of traktor set up on my laptop in case a FS amp is already hooked up.

The only thing I really miss is the fact I can't loop automatically (the current beta version has manual looping (and also recording which previous vers=ions hadn't, but it's not working stable enough for me to take out on a gig) Traktor 2.6 & 3.0 have automatic looping but then again traktor FS hasn't......so you'd have to but one of those too.

I like that the SSL box is build out of metal. Feels like you could drive over it with a tank....
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

El Duardo wrote:Yes Iam using it know for 3 months and its working very good. Its very stable en light. There is a very good forum / supporting help. http://www.scratchlive.net/

I know that Richie Hawtin has switching from FS to SSL :-)
The developers are very active on the forum also wich is really nice....

You get a lot of support from the serato company....
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

Both systems are good when you run it on Mac, It's just what you prefer... Running it on Mac saves a lot of trouble if you ask me.

I don't say SSL is bad because I use FS. When people ask me things about digital dj'ing I recommend both systems, because It's the same kind of playing music.

I think digital dj's have to help each other.
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

Yes I am using it for a month & its been mostly good but a couple of sore point so far:

1) The original control records I had (v2), one of them was drifting very badly, I got them both replaced. Now its perfect.

2) Playing live a couple of times I didn't pick up a signal when cueing up a couple of tims. I worked always the next time after I played a vinyl.

3) The other night for the first time I had some latency issues. A couple of the tracks were like skipping on the software. This is more related to my laptop & RAM set-up. To fix this I plan on getting a Macbook Pro later this year dedicated to SSL & other production programs.

Like Kiwi said, I have no preference for SSL or FS, they both do the same thing, I might set up traktor on my laptop as someone else mentioned in case their is an FS box set-up in future.

But the great thing about SSL & FS is the analogue/vinyl control of digital files & the opportunity to play pre-released (friend's tracks), net-label stuff etc. Another option in the mix.