Audio Damage releases Axon - FM percussion machine

- ask away
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Audio Damage releases Axon - FM percussion machine

Post by KrisM »

http://www.audiodamage.com/instruments/ ... ?pid=AD026

I wasn't a huge fan of Tattoo, but I love this little thing (and I mean little, the UI is pretty small even on my 1280x800 MacBook :lol: It's also under 2MB for the Mac version. It's taking me a little bit to get my head sorted around it's workings, but reading the manual made me want to have it.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I have been after an FM percussion synth/sequencer for a while. Thought about picking up the old Yamaha DX200 desktop thing. What's this thing sound like then? ( unfortunately, as I'm moving house, all my gear is in storage so I have no audio )
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

All new Neuron Sequencer, a seven-node hexagonal counter sequencer.
sounds interesting, but i wonder what really makes it able to compete with other FM synths? Specially if you happen to already have a delay of theirs...
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

I like it. Good FM sounds, and the sequencer, once you get your head around it, is pretty fun to use.

You can also use automation to change the pitch of each voice for further fun :D Or if you want to use it for chords, etc. I don't think it'll respond to MIDI coming into it aside from C4-B4, iirc.
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

Is there a demo version available?
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Minimal Samples wrote:Is there a demo version available?
They don't do demo's but usually have a selection of audio examples on the website.
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

AK wrote:
They don't do demo's but usually have a selection of audio examples on the website.
Shame, I like to try before I buy.
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Minimal Samples wrote:
AK wrote:
Shame, I like to try before I buy.
yes, it is a bit of a strange 'tactic' to employ. I doubt I'd ever buy a virtual instrument on the basis of a few audio examples. :|

You go in a music shop and you play with the things before deciding if you wish to purchase them. Logically, it should follow you'd do the same in the virtual instrument world.