mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kage »

ordered mine 8) :D
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

This thing has too many things that I don't need. Like a powerful 3D graphics card. :? I'd buy it if I was rich and just wanted a really cool computer with a lot of gadgets on it.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

kage wrote:ordered mine 8) :D
MacBook or iMac? Either way, I'd love to hear how it works out for you. I'm planning a mid-summer order.
dataman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dataman »

Renze wrote:This thing has too many things that I don't need. Like a powerful 3D graphics card. :? I'd buy it if I was rich and just wanted a really cool computer with a lot of gadgets on it.
exactly what i think. to much stuff i dont need. isight, frontrow ... powerbook is still the coolest :D
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

cyhl wrote:New Mac laptops 4x as powerful?

[non constructive cynism]
everything it shows is that all the past marketing arguments from apple which claimed that their powerpc-based mac was way more powerfull than an intel-based pc was plain crap!
[/non constructive cynism]
I agree with you. A lot of mac fans say the same or exaturate too.
There's something to be said about stability though (non OS related I mean). The different archetecture allows for better handleing of multitasking. The traditional 8086 sort of did things in intervals, IE it couldn't crunch info from one application while doing another operation... it takes turns, but it cycles really quickly on fast computers. The processors mac are based on take it all in and spit it all out efficiently at the same time. The PC advantage though - it's easier to push a PC beyond it's expected limits. Albeit with unexpected results, some good and some bad but have you ever noticed how when too much CPU is in use that a PC catches up/recovers much easier than a mac? (when the pc isn't crashing for other reasons ;) ).
kage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kage »

brianc wrote:
kage wrote:ordered mine 8) :D
MacBook or iMac? Either way, I'd love to hear how it works out for you. I'm planning a mid-summer order.
Powerbook for ableton, serato, & final cut pro..it's just a matter of waiting for them to upgrade the software now..:)
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

i hate intel :evil: i would like to see AMD CPUs inside but that will not happen :(

anyway i like my PB G4 aluminum 8)
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

no more FW800 and s-video........

:roll: