>>> LISTEN

A) Leif - Remember

B1) Leif Remember [Azuni "back in the day" Remix]

B2) Leif - She's Kooky

>>> BUY 12"

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/398268-01.htm

>>> BUY DIGITAL

http://www.junodownload.com/products/1599142-02.htm

Half-Swedish/half British artist Leif is based in the UK. In the past few years, Leif has forged a reputation within the underground scene for his trademark sound - a blend of minimal house that encompasses elements of deep dubby tech-house, bleepy minimalism, delicate chord soundscapes and enough chicago-house style shuffle to to keep the dancefloor moving.

Leif’s first outing onto boe comprises of “Remember” an upfront deep house gem featuring the vocal talents of Donna Lea. Tight and punchy drums with that trademark garage shuffle bounce the track through the intro as Donna’s vocal snippets groove alongside the resonanced jazz chord sequence. Remember’s analogue bassline pumps it further into Chicago Boompty territory with hi hats swinging like old couples in a Louis Theroux documentary. The track is stripped down to its core groove and into an acappella breakdown that leaves the listener itching for that bassline to kick back in for its warm finale.

On remix duties are Azuni, Swiss partners in serious house crime fresh from their highly charted release on Drumpoet. Azuni take the elements from the original and truly rework it into a blissed out mid-ninetees house gem. It has as much of a nod the future as it does to Strictly Rhythm influences with its lush pads and European deep flavour. It’s definitely summer terrace material; right here, right now.

Finishing off the EP is She’s Kooky, a dancefloor workout with warbling jazz vocals and scything disco filter chords that resonate in and out and finally open up over their low-slung beat and bass accompaniment. Definitely one for those up in the air moments under low ceilings and in dark basements.

Remember is a fantastically rounded EP that pleases fans from all corners of the house world with the UK sounds of the original, Azuni’s twinkle of the eye of 90s US, and a raise of the eyebrow from the tech-jazz of She’s Kooky.

Anthony Collins: azuni remix is tight !!

Brendon Moeller: original version of remember is the one for me.

Ed Davenport: nice deep work. azuni remix good for the sun! :)

Giles Smith: Thanks for this, Azuni mix is for me. Nice n smooth

Iron Curtis: yes yes! leif on fire!!!! another high quality boe release :) really into "remember", but azuni's remix is great aswell... looking forward to playing this one out loud! thanks for this guys!

James Teej: great release, really liking all the cuts, tho she's kooky definitely stands out for me. will chart

M A N I K: Each time I see a Boe promo in my inbox I get super excited! Love Boe and this Azuni remix is for me. Can't wait to drop it next gig...

Mihai Popoviciu: loving the azuni remix!

Mike Kolor: nice work on getting azuni in on the remix. it's a perfect tempo and really fuses together soul with proper deepness just like i like it. most definitely going to stay warm in my rotation for the forseeable future. hell, i'm still playing the iron curtis cut from the last BOE ep =) cheers for putting out more great music. mike kolour

Nick Curly: azuni rmx for me....

Pete Dafeet: Good lord, this is amazing. All 3 are from the top drawer, wish I'd downloaded in time for Sonar!

Sebo K: nice one! will play azuni remix and she's kooky!

Slam: cool housey grooves - will play on our MONOPODS

Ste Roberts: Leif is killing it at the moment... Love his vibe, and a perfect remix to compliment the release! I will be showcasing this toniget for sure. Cheers, Ste Roberts

Tristan Da Cunha: This ep is Mint ... Lovely house music. RSPKT

Jay Kilka Traffic Mag: great follow up from the last V/A ep, keep em coming!

Nigel Moss OHM: Simply Outstanding, will play and review in OHM!

Oli Warwick: Loving the original - proper funky deep house - the organs are ace :) She's Kooky has a nice strut to it too - top drawer!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

really good EP. i'd play any of those.
master b
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by master b »

cheers matey :)