mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Freeware

Post by ::BLM:: »

AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Nice. I have used that PolyIblit for quite some time, you can get some sweet sounds from that and the envelopes are really fast, decent LFO's too.

Er, why somebody would want to make a software version of the casiotone is beyond me. :lol:
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

thanks a lot!
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Synth one is great. I have an ep coming up which was made using only that synth, bar the kick drum and a few other percussive elements.

The Tal synth is also really good.
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

::BLM:: wrote:Synth one is great. I have an ep coming up which was made using only that synth, bar the kick drum and a few other percussive elements.

The Tal synth is also really good.
both those freebies are probably the only VSTi's I use, I rarely enjoy using the computer for anything, but with I plug in my Ozone to my laptop, I just put the laptop on a long usb chord (out of sight) and tell myself Im playing a "real" synth he he he
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

I really like that saturation/overdrive plugin
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=287211
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

that Monolisa synth listed in the original post is an absolute beauty!! Been using it for years myself.

Other that that the TAL range of freeware is very, very good (TAL Elek7ro, TAL filter, TAL amp and in some respects the TAL U-no sommet sommet -its cloggs up my cpu)

Also there is a dynamic saturation vst called Tessla Pro that is worth checking out if you are into that sort of sound, what's good with it is that it has a knob for controlling how much of the transients that you are letting through without affecting.

Also the recently mentioned TR-808 clone is good.

Another one I occasionally use is actually the CM-303 :oops: (Computer Musics freeware TB-303 emulation)
DeeperDub
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DeeperDub »

i'm still very impressed by this one:

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/201 ... ease-info/