groove (underground house workout) deephouse

- music
tatsama
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

groove (underground house workout) deephouse

Post by tatsama »

any feedback would be helpfull.. still a work in progress. cheers for the listen.

http://soundcloud.com/tatsama/groove-un ... nd-workout
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

Listening right now. It starts of very promising - nice sounds. It felt like it took a while to kick in - it's not really that long (about 1 minute) for the average house track, but I think it needs more of a build up towards that moment. Most of the passages are long and without much variation. The production values are fine, i wouldn't worry about that, just work on the arrangement to give it more interest. The rhythms don't really change, the chords don't change (and the chords are really nice, by the way), other than dropping out at the end. Finally, the vocal sample (which sounds very familiar) is a bit out of place talking about blues and jazz artists, since the track itself doesn't really have obvious elements of blues/jazz. Maybe, the sample could be edited to only include certain phrases (like the one about the "little riff" @ 3:17 or so..I could really hear that part being exploited).

Anyhow, hope some of my comments make sense. Again, the production values/sounds are nice, just needs some ups and downs in the arrangement to keep interest and build tension. Cheers.
tatsama
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tatsama »

first off.. thanx a million for such a thoughtfull feedback :) !

i agree about the lack of too much variation.. trying so hard to get the mix sounding right i think i over looked the arrangement.. i will take ur advice regarding variation on board when i work on this next !

the vocal i got off a frndly remix comp on another forum.. this is actually my submission for that... very underground deep house.. planning to drop the vocal entirely actually and take the track in a slightly different direction later.

thanx a lot for ur time phurniture !