[TPT036] Darko Esser - Songs For A Real Winter (Perc Trax)

- wax
Perc Trax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[TPT036] Darko Esser - Songs For A Real Winter (Perc Trax)

Post by Perc Trax »

Darko Esser - Songs For A Real Winter (Perc Trax/TPT036)

Beatport: http://tinyurl.com/348gvtt

Vinyl at Juno: http://www.juno.co.uk/products/391905-01.htm

Darko Esser has been on Perc's radar since his first releases on Josh Wink's Ovum imprint and more recently with the rise of his own Wolfskuil label. Darko's profile is now higher than ever due to his very well-received album 'Balans' which won support from Laurent Garnier, Joris Voorn, Deetron, Gregor Tresher, Christian Smith, Paul Woolford and many more.

His debut EP for Perc Trax can be seen as the ying to that Balans' yang. Whilst that album showcased Darko's grasp of melody, these 3 tracks display his darker sound with cavernous warehouse dynamics bleeding through each track for the perfect 4am heads-down vibe.

Opening track 'Onmacht' has been a cornerstone of Perc's sets for months, as a bassline purpose built for Berghain echoes across spitting 909 snares.

Keeping up the pressure are the slashing hoovers of 'Winter' which updates the classic Beltram/Human Resource sound for 2010 in stunning style.
Rounding things off are the motor-city sounds of 'Phobia', which marries pulsing synth sequences with a classic 909 ride rhythm.

DJ Feedback

Adam Beyer (Drumcode) 'Good effort, will play and support.'

Len Faki (Ostgut Ton./Figure) 'Very strong dark oldschoolism tracks here from my mate! Onmacht and Phobia are great! 4/5'

Par Grindvik 'Brilliant! I love the whole release! Thanks. 5/5'

Jonas Kopp (Spectral) 'I like the arrangment in Phobia , I will play it for sure. 4/5'

Alexi Delano (Plus 8) 'Great tunes. 4/5'

Tommy Four Seven (CLR/EDLX) 'Love the old skool nod, this is big! 5/5'

Shindoe (Intacto) 'Phunk sh!t, Phobia.. full support.. nice one! (Charted on RA)

Dustin Zahn (Rekids/Drumcode) 'Old school in full effect! 3/5'

Kevin Gorman (Mikrowave) 'Phobia is cool, thanks. 4/5'

Samuel L. Session (Music Man/Soma) 'Nice, not many of these around 3/5'

Jesper Dahlback (Turbo) ' Hey i loooove this Onmacht track! Futuristic but yet with history... ;)'

Estroe (Klinch/Manual) 'Nice release from Darko! I like Onmacht the most, will play!'

Sian (Octopus/Soma) 'Super creepy. I love it! 5/5'

Terrence Fixmer (Electric Deluxe) 'I like Omnacht,nice one, will play it for sure.'

Nihad Tule (Drumcode) 'Phobia is my first pick. Love the warehouse feeling in Onmacht as well though. Loves it! 5/5'

Lucy (Stroboscopic Artefacts) 'Darko Esser always keep his unique imprint in Techno. Out of hypes and alway super well working on the most actual dancefloors. Thanks for this! 3/5'

Truss (Synewave/Perc Trax) 'Phobia is a wicked track, love the old school vibe on this one. Cheers! 4/5'

Derek Plaslaiko (Spectral/Perc Trax) 'Absolutely LOVING all 3 of these! VERY hard to pick a favorite here. Will be playing all 3! Thanks so much! 5/5'

Mauro Picotto (Alchemy) 'Solid stuff as always, Onmacht is my peak. 4/5'

Chris Finke (Flux/Atomic Jam) ' Big fan of Darko's...these are bang on...will be playing Onmacht and Winter for sure. 4/5'

Ramon Crespo (Plus/Minus) ' Perc Trax can't stop and won't stop. After Sawf's EP I thought they would relax for a while , but no Darko Esser's EP is a glimpse into a dark warehouse that features 909's and bass sounds that wouldn't sound out of place in a horror movie. All in all a really solid EP! 5/5'

Ed Karney (Mixmag) 'Solid techno grooves 4/5