house music

- open
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

house music

Post by Jesse_mtl »

hey guys, just been offered a spot at a local bar/club, but the crowd is mostly lounge/ deep funky house kind of thing...

ive been into minimal alot these past few months, completely lost touch with house music... does anyone have any good record suggestions? guys like jason hodges, jacob london, joey youngman etc?

or do you know of any netlabels out there dealing specifically with house music. would help alot

thx
Sipe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sipe »

Firstly, congratulations on the gig. Way to be.

Deep house, eh? That's cool. My favorite Deep House producer is Blue 6. Good deep sounds there. Look up "Music and Wine." Miguel Migs is good as well. I've always liked Thomas Bangalter and his many projects, but he isn't so much deep as fun. He does have the funk, though. Luomo is more techno than house, but she still has a groove. In general, the Naked Music label produces some good house.

If you want to stay minimal, Matthew Dear and Akufen go without saying. I'm not so much in the know about microhouse, though.
"The techno sound of detroit [...] lacking any human musicianship in its execution reeks of sweat, sex and desire. The creators of that music just press a few buttons and out comes - a million years of pain and lust." ~ The JAMs
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

http://www.undergroundhouse.net

these boys know their house, friendly board last time i checked too.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

the music of andy vaz is minimal music that may please a deep house crowd. or maybe some dub influenced stuff like beat pharmacy? i dunno. just some suggestions.

good luck with you gig.
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

One label you can't go wrong with is Morris Audio, they have a nice mixture of deep, tech and minimal house that will not dissapoint also check out DoubleDown but that's a little bit more on the funky techy house side.
Music Junkie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Music Junkie »

I would say since you have gotten into minimal show it to the crowd. Give them the sound they want but give the minimal flavor. There is plenty of really good netlabel music that a crowd like that would love if given the chance. A great starter into the funk realm would be Neutron Funk - Paul Keeley off the Epsilonlab netlabel. Also check out the two newest releases off epsilonlab because they are deep, minimal but deep. Hope this helps.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

hendrik schwarz is always good.
what about the labels like bearfunk and tombone?
charles webster aka furry phreaks did a great ep this year.
dinky - horizontal 01 is very cool also....
techno made me do it
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

Force Tracks, Disco Inc should suit your needs as well.

I'm thinking artists like Dub Taylor, Luomo, MRI etc. Deep house with a minimal flavour.