Semirk - Room Change

- music
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Semirk - Room Change

Post by Semirk »

Hey again,

Another track from me, trying to get a bit more of a dirty sound with this one, hope its been pulled off. It's essentially finished although need to put a few more fx in in the first couple of minutes unless anyone feels they're unnecessary. :)

http://www.sitesled.com/members/semirk/ ... Change.mp3 < right click and save as

BobStock
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BobStock »

He man!

What are you doing whole day 8)! Only making tracks :D! I dig this sh!t mate!! Sounds verry creative, and it has a bit of a unusual site! Maybe ( there we go again :) ) You can do something with the beginning ( the intro) Make it more a beginning? But that is my opinion! Sounds goood!!!!

Cheers.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

interesante

the melodies...im wondering if u did them by hand?...or did you write them out on the computer?
this is really weird

its hard for me to judge because i cant imagine this in my set....i hope u know what i mean, but i can see it being played at 4am...in a freaky building...with kids rubbbing up on eachother...trying to figure out whats happening

so thats i good thing I think

:)
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Thanks for the reviews guys. :)

Minimiser: heheh, got a lot of free time on my hands due to the festive period so thought I'd churn a couple of tracks out. :) Glad you like it and I agree on the intro comment, will work on something for that.

mlexicon: lol, you sure thats a good thing? :P The melodies were just a bit if fiddling around until they were my taste really, i had the samples prepared and wanted to make them sound a bit fun. Do the melodies not work then? They sounded ok to me. Whats your overall opinion if you don't mind me asking, do you like it?

Thanks again guys.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i think you could use a different kick drum and it would sound better...also
add a snare to the 5th and 13th position on a 16 point pattern....to give a reference point on where to shake the hips n bob the head

u know what im sayin :)
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

yeah agree with math. change the kick. too ploddy for this track.

i like the leads, but I'd really like to see you get very random with them in some sections, you know really fck them up. arghhh, after the breakdown the kick when more soloed sounds terrible (CHANGE IT)

I like the leads coming out of the breakdown, but would lower the filter cutoff on the bassline as the dirty sound detracts from the pretty leads. so make the bass more of a low drone rumble, make the kick more of a deep 808 style kick, and see how this track sounds.

and don't forgte to make a section either a little 2 -4 bar feature or a full 16 bar breakdown where the leads really get wild and out of control, and as soon as they reach the climax of craziness, drop the kick back on that sh!t. if you do all these things you will have a killer tune that anyone would play at 4am, especially at Globus @ Tresor.

very good potential here.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Thanks guys, very helpful stuff indeed. I've added snares and changed the kick already and it does sound a lot better. I'll work on the other suggestions then post back here in a couple of days with a new version.

Thanks.