Post by korgborglar »

Slower techhouse track with a spaced out touch:

http://soundcloud.com/korgborglar/wave-fields
Koppnicker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Koppnicker »

nice track. liked the groove but the bells weren't really my cup of tea
is just quoted this from the soundcloud-comments on your track. that's my point of view as well.
korgborglar
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by korgborglar »

yeah i'm getting mixed reviews on the bells... i just got a little field recorder and i'm real excited about it, so i'm putting it on everything i do, maybe a litle too much
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

hi man, I really like the track. I can't really decide if I think that the general mix is good or bad, because certainly it sounds a bit unorthodox to me.

On the plus side, it is simple and leaves plenty of headroom for the bells (which also I can't decide if I like or dislike the eq of, I think they could use a boost in the lower range - say 500Hz)

but on the minus side the track is pretty much kick+bass, bells and high hat during the peak and it does feel like it is not using its sonic potential

In the end though, I downloaded it and appreciate having it on my harddrive :)
sanmal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sanmal »

Hmmh. Can't say I like the offbeat TOK TOK TOK sound. Could be thinner in my opinion to go better with the soft kick. Maybe layer another kick with a high pass cutting pretty high on it to get more of an attack on it. Or a percussion instrument. Not too loud or too much, just a lil something.

Not liking the bells either.

Nice solid groove when the beat really kicks in. Makes my head bob.
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
- Marcus Brigstocke
korgborglar
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by korgborglar »

thanks for the feedback guys, i think i'm gonna have to come up with two mixes, one with and one without bells.

the purpose of the tok tok's is to trick you into thinking the downbeat is an eigth note later then it really is, but yeah, after the kick comes in it would definitely sit better if i lose the low end.
OneTwoSeven
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by OneTwoSeven »

I liked the track an the bells, gave it a dark atmosphere