Anyone using Propellerhead Record yet?

- ask away
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

I've been paying close attention to this but so far I'm not seeing the "next big thing". It seems to me that Propellerheads have gone from being an innovator to being a follower. Their weird stubborn attitude of "No VST integration" cant be helping their sales.

http://technomusicnews.com/propellerhea ... -reason-5/
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
dan_g
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dan_g »

hi,

i use record. coming from a reason background it has everything included i need to produce my music. and the ability to use all reason instruments is just amazing. workflow has improved and i love the new mixer, it gives a solid structure to every track.

but i maybe say all this because i nearly started producing with reason.
(some magix musicmaker sh!t before ;D)

against all the haters and flamers i love the overall concept of a standalone workstation without any plug-ins and interuptions from the outside. record+reason is everything i need.

just my opinion! :D

greets
dan_g
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i don't think VST would work. it would make the program less efficient and less stable. the only people who moan about VST are those who use VST and those people already have software that can host VST. so all you have to do is rewire into the host and use your VST's with Reason.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

live sampling is todays new feature. Redrum, NN19 and NN-XT can all record audio. :)
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

So according to a leak over at the Dogs on Acid forum it looks like the last new feature is a Akai MPC style drum machine with FX a micro nn-xt and lots of routing possibilities. Looks pretty awesome.

Links to images I took from the DoA forum:

Kong Drum Machine Front

Kong Drum Machine Back

Looking at the second image there also seem to be soem additions to the Combinator like something called the "Touch sensitive Display Unit" Cool no? :)
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

nice, i had a feeling it was going to be something like this! but it's better than i thought it would be.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Kong looks serious! NI Maschine just got it's ass kicked :lol:

i can see Record and Reason becoming my main software and using pro tools for audio editing, midi out and a few plugins.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

tone-def wrote:NI Maschine just got it's azz kicked :lol:
take it easy :P :P :P 8)