Ableton - Time range problem (export audio)

- ask away
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Ableton - Time range problem (export audio)

Post by TimTor »

Hi,

I don't know if this already has been discussed, but I have a problem when I want to export my audio from a set I recorded as I get the following error message:

My setting are:

Sample rate: 192,000
Bit depth: 32

I have found out that if I lower the sample rate that I can save it, but this is not my ideal solution. Does anyone know how to render it at 192K?

Thank you.
BlueCode Records - BCR011 - Dubious Methods - Out now (free release)!
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Maybe Select two time ranges, that are slightly overlapping and mix them in another sound editor. It seems like they are imposing a filesize limit from an old fat system... maybe ask ableton support too. make sure you have loop set too off so it doesn't blend the end of the file to the beginning.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
wanderer_
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Ableton - Time range problem (export audio)

Post by wanderer_ »

TimTor wrote:Hi,

I don't know if this already has been discussed, but I have a problem when I want to export my audio from a set I recorded as I get the following error message:

My setting are:

Sample rate: 192,000
Bit depth: 32

I have found out that if I lower the sample rate that I can save it, but this is not my ideal solution. Does anyone know how to render it at 192K?

Thank you.
Damn son. What are you distributing this on? Hi-Fi Space Galaxy Discs? If it's just the interwebs, I'd think you coud live with a reduction....
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TimTor »

Thanks for the tip Hydrogen. I tried to render it in different parts, which worked, but than another program I used (Soundtrack Pro) struggled to paste and save it. I guess it just doesn't want to work properly.

I might try it again in Logic Studio, but it is just frustrating that it doesn't work in Ableton.

@wanderer_: You are right, it is not for a production or so, but I played a few live bits and I would want it to sound as good as possible. If all fails I will have to drop sample rate to 88K.
BlueCode Records - BCR011 - Dubious Methods - Out now (free release)!
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

Am I right in thinkng that vinyl & digital releases get rendered at 44k?

I don't go above that, save your disk space & rendering time just drop down the quality also try aif instead of wav.

Still though I'm a nobody in this producing thing, these other guys know more then me!
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

yeah handling those large audio files... probably not the best. the logic idea is good too... i'm curious to hear what you come up with.

there may be an Audio Stitcher... but i'm not sure if you'll get perfect results from that.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

192 and 32 sounds very extreme, what is it exactly for that you need this crazy audiophile quality?
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

...and if you trust an expert like Dan Lavry, then quality actually goes down when you move from 96 to 192:

http://www.lavryengineering.com/documen ... Theory.pdf