Controller Keyboards

- ask away
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

i already had all kinds of midi keyboards from m-audio, evolution and also a korg and i'm finally sick of them all. my current unit, evolution mk225 (due to lack of space i had to go for a small one) is a fine entry level unit just like the other ones. i wasn't able to destroy any of them, although i found the korg microkontrol the worst in terms of keyboard feedback as well as the knobs felt rather cheap.

if you need a device to get started with, i consider everything from m-audio and evolution very solid - if you're actually a good keyboard player you'll most likely be fed up with those instantly.

so far the only keyboards i found in the lower price category which have pretty good weighted keys are the ones from CME > http://www.cme-pro.com/. already had my hands on them, looking forward to get one of those units very soon.

btw, latency is an issue of your soundcard, not the midi controller. usb midi is just fine.

ronny
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

Ronny Pries wrote:btw, latency is an issue of your soundcard, not the midi controller. usb midi is just fine.
exactly