[WORK] writing your cv

- open
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[WORK] writing your cv

Post by Opuswerk »

I've recently finished my studies in architecture and am currently looking for a job. While doing so, I've got to do the obligatory portfolio, as well as write down my curriculum vitae / resume.
I'm wondering wether or not I should include what i've done music wise, as it could explain a bit why i've taken so long to complete my studies. However I have no idea where and how to put it in.

Any of the work folks not working in music professionally adding your music related things in your cv ? if so how have you done it? was it worth it?
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
michielwijnen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by michielwijnen »

Don't really know...

A lot of people include a 'intrest' or 'hobby' in their CV, you maybe can include something about your music there?
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

Don't count yourself short on anything in your resumé. It tells your future boss not only your work experience, but also who you are..So a big yes to including it!
you are what you tweed
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

Done it, like at the end of the cv,

du style..

Autre activitées :

Semi-proffesionel et producteur dans le domaine de l'informatique musicale.
Connaissances approfondies dans les formes de synthèses audio, Échantillonnage, enregistrements, techniques de studio.

Maitrise avancées de logiciels tel que : Logic audio, Ableton Live,pro tools, wavelabs.

C'est toujours un petit plus qui peux apporter de bonnes surprises selon la personne qui le lira. (:
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

it's not good if your trying to go for low paid/unskilled jobs. you wouldn't believe how many crappy jobs i've applied for with all my music and education achievements on my CV. when i took it all off i at least started getting some interviews. my sister has said the same thing.
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

As your are looking for a job in the architecture world I would put the fact that you are a producer as more that just interests.

For me being a producer is a sign of creativity. Being able to create nice things from scratch.
Off course if you are applying for a job in a bank or a very traditional environment then i would not mention it. Actually it all depends on the recruiter. Some of them are really not openminded while others prefer candidates who do or have something special.

Just make sure that when you have an interview you can explain why it took you a bit longer to finish your studies. There are lot's of people who spend more time on their studies than foreseen. So that's not a big deal. Just tell those people what you learned by making the music, playing around,...
Like SDL says don't underestimate yourself. Especially as a starter everything can be important. So add as much relevant information as possible.

And it's also a good idea to adapt your cv to the company where you are applying. That way you can match yourself more to the job description. it's all about those little changes here and there to make the cv better.
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

for your cv i would put it
for your resume i would not
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

thx for the reply, I suppose i'll go with what Storlon and Edward suggested. Not too sure as to how i'll put it together, but it'll do.

thx again :)
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk