Kevin Roux - Black hair

- music
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Kevin Roux - Black hair

Post by ewinz »

Hi, Im working on a new track this week, I think its a lil bit boring, and it miss some things (in my opinion), if you have good advices, and feedbacks are allways welcome, its really constructive and usefull for me ;-)

http://soundcloud.com/kevinroux/black-hair

Hope you'll enjoy
be~~
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by be~~ »

Nice track :) i look forward to hearing it when its finished. had a listen to some of other tracks also, and really like your dark groove, nice atmospheric sounds and percussion.
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

Hmm really like to hear it :) I was trying to really find a style when Im in, and something fit me, after a lot a lot of tracks I think I will stay on this thing, it fits my mind, and Im really happy by the result. I hope to finish this track soon, and Im really glad to hear some coments like thats, thanks ;)
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

but is miss some parts, if someone got ideas:)
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

?
Christ Lewis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Christ Lewis »

I think it's the narrow dynamic range that makes the track sound somewhat boring. Some simple volume edits would make things interesting very quickly.
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

OKay, I'll try to understand what you said and after work on it haha, thanks ;)
Christ Lewis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Christ Lewis »

What I meant to say is that the quickest way to make this track less stale is to make more stuff happen during the minibreaks. Let more sounds duck away for a moment, so the track reemerges with a more powerful impact. It's that impact after minibreaks that makes these kind of tracks interesting.

Try listening to Hefty's tracks if you want an example how you can keep dark, repetitive tracks interesting by focusing on your minibreaks.

This is just an idea. There are of course many way to make something less boring. Just trying to find the quickest, most obvious road to success here. :)