Where are you at in your productions?

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

oblioblioblio wrote:
tone-def wrote:i have to say i'm pretty excited about everything to do with making music. synthesis, recording, using effects to manipulate sounds... it's all good.
I go thru phases. i remember when I first started playing around with electronic music. everything was so fresh and I was always moving thru ideas without thinking so much. I got a bit stale recently but maybe selling 70% of my set up and moving into new machines will be a good potion for that.
i've got a studio equipment addiction. i could never sell the stuff i've got but want to add a load more. i want a modular, a nice collection of microphones, new monitors, a decent analog poly, maybe another analog mono, more effects pedals, analog filters, digi 003 interface, a spring reverb, a tape delay, mixer, i need a new computer and the list could go on forever...
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

for me its the mastering, I love the new track after working on EQ, compressors,... The track is totaly different, and thats the part I prefer :)
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

tone-def wrote:
i've got a studio equipment addiction. i could never sell the stuff i've got but want to add a load more. i want a modular, a nice collection of microphones, new monitors, a decent analog poly, maybe another analog mono, more effects pedals, analog filters, digi 003 interface, a spring reverb, a tape delay, mixer, i need a new computer and the list could go on forever...

the times i've worked best have been when i only used a limited ish set of instruments. lots of the stuff i've gotten rid of did stuff that i could do with other stuff. like selling good software effects to use slightly crappier versions in reaktor or max. i think i develop a btter relatinship with my gear by having a focussed set up. and for me it's been quite healthy to get out of old patterns and start afresh.

but yeah i'm a total addict too. i'd love to have spring reverb. vermona retroverb looks too cool for it's own good. tape delay i dunno if i could carry around or maintain properly but it would be amazing to use.
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

creating synth patches on the mopho and evolver with 'hidden' elements and tweaking them in and out. really getting into the MD :) lots of live recording, cutting splicing and over dubs. space designer reverb. not deciding what genre of music i am making.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

been really into the atmosphere behind tracks, noise generation etc. Field recording has been really inspiring as of late, and does nothing but wonders to the overall sound of a track.
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

tone-def wrote:i've got a studio equipment addiction. i could never sell the stuff i've got but want to add a load more. i want a modular, a nice collection of microphones, new monitors, a decent analog poly, maybe another analog mono, more effects pedals, analog filters, digi 003 interface, a spring reverb, a tape delay, mixer, i need a new computer and the list could go on forever...
heard that! 8)
Christ Lewis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Christ Lewis »

I've been experimenting with organizing and maintaining large Reason setups, through heavy combinator use and codes in backdrop graphics. All, in the spirit of minimal, to create just a few sounds, of course. :)
Utopian82
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Utopian82 »

Arrangement has pretty much been my stumbling block for a while.
So I've just been messing around with different ideas to at least get the skeleton down as quickly and creatively as possible!

I think I'm close to a discovery!! :P