oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Kompakt records

Post by oblioblioblio »

earlier stuff especially.

e.g. Total 2 & Total 3

love that dry warm Cologne sound.

Also occaisionally bits and pieces of utterly outstanding music. justus Koehnke 'timecode' . superpticher 'heroin'. Some MASSIVE Speicher tracks.

Of course Wolfgang Voigt is a legend himself.

I haven't really been following those guys of late anymore, but I got the feeling they went off path a bit.
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

+ pi
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Kompakt records

Post by pafufta816 »

oblioblioblio wrote:I haven't really been following those guys of late anymore, but I got the feeling they went off path a bit.
wolfgang voight has said in interviews that kompakt, and specifically voigts own productions, were his vision of a modern form of germanic pop music. the addition of artists like gus gus and sigur ros reinforce voigts desire to make the label seem something like a catalogue of future pop music.

many years and a more internationalized artist roster have shown the labels clear intentions in this regard, imo. that aside, kompakt has been releasing quality underground techno for over a decade, though they've branched into more styles/genres of music than just techno.

i do agree that they've been releasing less techno/house over time, but i don't think the quality of their music releases has diminished at all, just become refined. and yes they even have some forgettable 12"s, but who doesn't?
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Unfortunately the forgettable releases outweigh the memorable ones for a long time now.

The new Wolfgang Voight on Profan sounds incredible though.